Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A prime brisket on the 20 x42 LSG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prime brisket on the 20 x42 LSG.

I am still a fan of my Lone Star Grillz 20 x42. I cooked a 15+ pound prime brisket last week using oak and pecan splits.

I love the way the LSG 20 series cookers run. Their hexagonal shape is awesome and the firebox is a dandy. I also like the ability to put water in the base of the pit. I am convinced that it keeps the humidity up and keeps the meat moist.

It pleased my family to get some good Q! None of us needed a knife to cut our meat on the plate! It was unbelievably tender and moist.

Obligatory photos!

The pit up and ready along with apple juice/mirin spritz ready as well. I use a FireBoard to watch temps of pit and meat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cookin in the rain and blue smoke.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.8 KB ID:	849108

Love poking splits into the fire management basket of the LSG. The firebox is well thought out and easy to throttle with seasoned wood.

Click image for larger version  Name:	two splits working.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	849110

The brisket rubbed with our own rub concoction and black Hawaiian salt. Ready to roll:

Click image for larger version  Name:	going on to the pit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	668.9 KB ID:	849111

Ah yes! Look at that prime beef peeking out on the edge of the flat:

Click image for larger version  Name:	what a prime brisket looks like.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.3 KB ID:	849113

Hitting the stall and almost ready to wrap:

Click image for larger version  Name:	close to wrapping.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	849107

Complete and ready for the plates:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ready for board.jpg Views:	0 Size:	715.8 KB ID:	849114

Click image for larger version  Name:	done and the blade.jpg Views:	0 Size:	729.8 KB ID:	849112

As usual, when the blade hit the meat the plates were rattling and the photo op was finished!!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Alphonse; May 20, 2020, 08:25 PM.

Nice cook! Looks spectacular!

Comment

$3.49 for prime brisket....

(cries)

Comment

Nice write up and pics Alphonse You know how much I love anything LSG. 👊👊

Comment

That looks super.

Comment

Great lookin brisky cook, amigo!

Keep up th Good Work!

Comment

Solid cook. I remember your first post when you received that cooker.

Comment

Alphonse Looks amazing. Question: Do you feel your fire management basket helps regulate temps? I saw that accessory on the LSG website.

Comment

• Alphonse
                  Alphonse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The fire management basket is a must have! It keeps the coal bed consolidated and lets you add a split or two at a time. Since you have a good coal bed and fire going, regulating temps becomes an issue of throttling intake air. Intake air has the "control authority".

That looks like a fun smoker to cook. Good job and great looking brisket!

Comment

• Alphonse
                  Alphonse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Randy,
                  Yes, it is a fun pit to cook on. It is a pleasure and not work.

Flipside, it is an offset stick burner and if you don't have time to nurse maid it, use a different pit that day.

Excellent cooker and excellent cook! Beautiful!

Comment

Nice cook right there !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here