Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star 20x42 is now at home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSG for the win!!!!!!

that thing is a beast! Dream stick burner for me! Congrats and enjoy that thing!

PS - how was it rolling it around with those larger casters? Any issues with it? You think you could move it around if needed?

Comment

• Alphonse
      Alphonse commented
      Editing a comment
      As you likely know, those 8" casters are an upgrade to the standard of 5".  Yes, they roll well and make it very easy to roll around on pavement and the like.  It made it easy to get it off the skid on the trailer by putting some step blocks down.

That said, I would be very, very cautious of rolling them on grass.  The pit is very heavy and will turn over on you if one digs in and sinks.   I keep a couple of sheets of plywood for that but I don't intend to get it off the covered patio.

Congrats!

Comment

It sure is pretty! And you got the fire basket..... excellent move!

Congratulations & Happy Smoking!

Comment

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Kenyatta! You along with Steve helped me bring out the card to get it on order! You answered numerous questions for me and yes, the fire basket is a good thing to have. Makes fire management much easier to judge and control.

BTW, your videos on it are great. The ribs above were done yesterday after watching your latest video. I skipped the wrap completely and my crowd had no complaints.

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Alphonse! Have fun brother!

I keep telling myself that i dont want or need an offset, then I see your post and im cruising the Lone Star site lol. Terrific looking cooker!!

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        ofelles Nope, not going to do it! I will resist.

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy That's what I said!

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        ofelles did I have anything to do with your decision to get your LSG??
        I’m trying to keep track so at some point I can hit Chris with a kick back. 😁😁

Congrats on the new pit, that is quite the looker! Can't wait to see more action shots.

Comment

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        A bacon smoke coming soon!

What a beauty! Thanks for the details so we could live the experience along with you.

Comment

That baby looks right at home !!!!!!!

Comment

Wow. Congratulations! That’s a real beauty. Reminds me of my 83 Buick leSabre only nicer.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahahaha. You killing me Homey. ❤️❤️

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost weighs th same, though, Brother! lol!

Gorgeous pit.

Comment

To say that I’m jealous is a complete understatement. Lol. Beautiful cooker, Sir! Someday...... someday.........

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Cooked a couple of pizzas in the firebox tonight for some of our crowd. Worked as well as I had hoped. I built a coal bed out of Fogo Quebracho lump and put one small oak split on it. My boss made two pizzas and had them on stones ready to go.

Was nice to have two to cook so I could learn a bit about my technique. The first was good and the second even better.

The firebox on the LSG is as good as I hoped it would be for cooking pizza! Looking forward to some griddle tests next.

First pie going in:

Click image for larger version

Name:	First Pizza going on.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	811659

Second one just delivered to the kitchen. A very even cook with a slight wood fired taste. (Missed a photo on number 1)

Click image for larger version

Name:	First pizza cook.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	811658

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  'Your boss'? I think with your new smoker you showed them who is boss!

• kenrobin
                  kenrobin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are rocking it!

Love it! Versatility! keep up the ways of cooking so I can show my wife it’s not just a smoker!!

Comment

• Alphonse
                  Alphonse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The firebox is tight enough that I think I can run it on auto with a load of lump or briquettes controlled by FireBoard and a blower. I had a fan port installed on it as an option. I am also looking forward to using the griddle on top of the firebox.

The firebox versatility on this pit is off the charts.

Beers cracked by the third picture...looks like you did right. Congrats on the new rig, she’s a beauty

Comment

Oh. Snap. I was thinking about how to get my pizza game going on my BGE. But this post just changed my mind set.
                  And I see you’re using their V shaped fire management thing as well. 😍

Comment

• Alphonse
                    Alphonse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeap Steve, they started offering them before they shipped it so I added one. I have a charcoal basket drawn up and will fabricate that in the next few days. I want to see how this thing will run on automatic with a 18 lb sack of B&B briquettes and the FireBoard/Pit Bull fan setup.

The fireboxes on the LSG offsets are the bomb!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here