Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSG pizza oven

Yesterday was a trial run using the firebox of the LSG 20x36 as a wood fired pizza oven. It was awesome! For 5 people we made 3 medium-ish pies from scratch. At that point I was out of dough but the crowd was still hungry. I had to fall back to a store bought crust for the last one. Now that I tested the method, the plan is a pizza party for 15-20 in a few weeks.

I was scrambling too much to get a live action photo - next time, I promise. But here’s what my setup looks like. Before I put anything in, I got the firebox heated up with pecan splits. Then I put the firebox grate in the middle with a cast iron griddle on it. On top of that is my pizza stone supported by a PK extension grate.

I need more practice on the dough making part - but I am very happy with how it turned out for a first run.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	784728

Awesome!

Comment

Very cool! The LSG is definitely on my short list.

Comment

Thanks for this! I have my LSG 20 x42 on order and this idea is very useful to me.

My tribe loves pizza cooked on a wood/lump fired device. We cook pizzas on a kamado. BTW, I have several stones, a Lodge CI griddle and the PK "Cook More Grid" in hand already! So when I roll the LSG in sometime in February I will be ready to go.

Please show us some more detail next time you do this!

Comment

Awesome. I love anything LSG.
          Just another way to show off it’s versatility.

Pizza is one of my nemesis. Haven’t gotten it down yet. But this inspires me to give it another go.

Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMike View Post
            Very cool! The LSG is definitely on my short list.
            One thing that makes the LSG perfect for this is the firebox griddle - it creates a top-heating thermal mass that would not be nearly as good with thinner metal.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Very true.
              I don’t use the griddle but it has many more purposes.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here