Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star Grillz 20” Stick Burner - 1 Year Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star Grillz 20” Stick Burner - 1 Year Later

Thanks to tips from the wonderful folks on this forum, my search for an offset smoker got turned towards Lone Star Grillz. After 1 year ownership, I have a small but growing YouTube channel that I started based around my experiences with my LSG. Here is a link to my video that discusses what I’ve learned since it’s arrival.

LSG 20" Offset Stick Burner - 1 Year Later
    https://youtu.be/ss474jjURb0

Shout out to
    Steve B

kenrobin Thank you. Glad I was there to help. And you know I’m always here for you my friend.
    Appreciate the shout out brother.
    Last edited by Steve B; September 11, 2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Nice! Those LSGs sure are nice! Great to hear that you are loving it!

Comment

Great stuff, man. The only cooker I haven't pulled the trigger on yet is a stickburner, and this info was very helpful as I continue to learn more about what I want in one. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

kenrobin I was so glad to see this post. I have been mostly using a PBC for awhile now, and I'm not completely sold on it for a number of reasons (I do like cooking chicken halves on it though).

I'm now looking to get an offset, and after researching a number of them the one I keep coming back to was the exact one you bought: the LSG 20x42. It's basically at the very top end of my price range, but based on what I've read it seems to have the best bang for the buck.

I watched your review, and wanted to ask: are you finding the difference in temp between the top and bottom of the LSG 20x42 to be a significant downside, or just something to be factored in? The vast majority of the time I'd be using just the bottom rack for ribs, pork butts, and brisket. But for when I'm cooking for a party and use both racks, it would be good to have a sense of that.

Jim

Comment

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            buschj1971 I'd say that 90% of my cooks are for no more than 5 people so the difference in temp between the top & bottom is just something that I take into account. Both levels are great for low & slow. If I really want to go "super low & slow" I'll use the bottom. Cooking for a large party can be trickier if you're cooking for example, 100 chicken thighs. You have to know going in that the thighs won't cook at the same pace so you have to account for that which can be done with proper planning

• buschj1971
            buschj1971 commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate the reply, kenrobin. I have a few months to decide which pit I'm going to get, so I'll chew on it some more.

Wow. That’s been a year. I remember the truck coming like it was yesterday. I think that was you right?

im still thinking of their Santa Maria Grill. I can’t get the side fire box out of my head.

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey JakeT just had his delivered the 21st. A 24x48 I believe

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            I can tell you that I am loving my LSG Santa Maria. It is a blast cooking on.

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey Yes, I showed a clip my LSG's arrival & it nearly falling off of the truck when the driver unloaded it. Time certainly flies & it's been a blast learning to cook on it. I highly recommend LSG as a fabricator. They provide great support.

buschj1971 I can’t speak for kenrobin because his LSG is different from mine. But typically on mine I run maybe 15-20* difference top to bottom and left to right. Not really a big difference.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

I am half way through the video but had to come back to write that the smile on your face when the box arrives and your hand on the top of the box as it is being lowered as though to say "Don't you dare break this thing" is priceless.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              You got that right.

• kenrobin
              kenrobin commented
              Editing a comment
              tbob4 LOL... the anticipation waiting for its arrival makes you feel like a kid at Christmas.

He was clearly ready the put his body between the LSG and the asphalt if necessary !!!!

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you blame him. I pretty much did the same when mine arrived.

• kenrobin
              kenrobin commented
              Editing a comment
              Greygoose Chalk it up to temporary insanity! I spent so much time tracking it's arrival that all rational thought left my brain when I saw it wobbling coming off of the truck.

Likewise,,,,Im half Kenrobs size,,,Id be squished like a flea
            the smoker would be fine,,,,hope the wife appreciates my sacrifice !!!

Comment

Great review. I want...

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                ...a divorce? ;-)

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                ComfortablyNumb at least the LSG won’t talk back or yell at you for no reason. 😂😂

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here