Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy LSG Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboxing my new offset was a lot harder than I anticipated. It took a few hours with a night's sleep in between but I finally got it free! LSG doesn't spare a nail or piece of wood in securing their pits for delivery. Here are some photos of the 20x42 inside the crate and the makeshift plywood ramp that I used to wheel it down from.

More photos to coming soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LRG_DSC02651.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	520943

Name:	LRG_DSC02652.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	520944

Name:	LRG_DSC02655.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	520945

Name:	LRG_DSC02657.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	520946

Name:	LRG_DSC02658.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	520947

Name:	LRG_DSC02654.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	520948

Name:	LRG_DSC02656.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	520949
    ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by kenrobin; June 23, 2018, 02:48 PM. Reason: Photos were not showing up

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you could build a small condominium with what they use to pack those puppies.
      Took me about 3hrs as well.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking really sweet so far. I love the custom plaque too. I really wanted one as well but couldn’t decide on what I wanted. And the additional $ was not there at the time.

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      To bad the pallet and box wasn’t made of oak & hickory! My family would be neglected, maybe starved until that thing was smokin’!

I don’t see any pics. Just blank white boxes

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      That''s strange. The photos are visible on my computer & IPad web browsers.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I see 7 pics. Not sure how many you posted.

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool.... I will post the full unveiling tomorrow as I’m planning on seasoning it.

That happens to me too I ended up having to upload them rather than copy paste

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      I did upload them. I guess I will have to try again.

I see little green hills in each photo.

Comment

Here’s a link to the walk around video that I made.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nicely done, amigo!

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mr. Bones !

Excellent video kenrobin thanks for taking the time to do it. LSG does fine work. I will be interested in how even the temps run. I have tuning plates in my horizontal and have them arranged so the left or exhaust side runs about 50 degrees hotter than the fire box side. I find it useful if I'm doing chicken and say ribs at the same time as I like to run chicken and turkey at higher temps.

Don't know that your going to need the water reservoir feature very much if your temps run the way you want them.
      I need to put a large pan of water in my vertical stick burner but that is for a heat sink to even the temps out and has nothing to do with adding moisture.

At any rate congratulations on owning a fine pit and welcome to the art of stick burning! Lots of experienced stick burners here so feel free to ask questions!

Comment

I made my best effort to season the pit yesterday. I got so caught up in trying to figure out everything that I was doing wrong in my fire management that I didn't get around to taking photos of the process. I'm going to do a couple of dry runs before my first cook so I'll try to get some more photos.

In the meantime, here are some pictures from before and after the seasoning. Hopefully all 10 photos are visible below.

Name:	LRG_DSC02676.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	508.0 KB
ID:	522197

Name:	LRG_DSC02678.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	473.8 KB
ID:	522194

Name:	LRG_DSC02679.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	477.9 KB
ID:	522196

Name:	LRG_DSC02680.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	509.3 KB
ID:	522200

Name:	LRG_DSC02682.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	522199

Name:	LRG_DSC02681.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	522198

Name:	LRG_DSC02672.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	522191

Name:	LRG_DSC02673.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	483.3 KB
ID:	522192

Name:	LRG_DSC02665.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	460.4 KB
ID:	522195

Name:	LRG_DSC02666.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	522193

Here's my daughter's original drawing

Name:	BY Smokemaster Drawing 042318.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	522201

Comment

Wow! That's awesome! That is beautiful; I think I actually teared up just a little bit. Congratulations!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here