Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG 20x42 for sale dirt cheap-DC area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROCEED WITH CAUTION: possible scam. I see incredibly underpriced items from time to time that pop up at various locations distant from each other (not simply several nearby towns/suburbs), that never seem to sell. I'm not sure what their endgame would be, maybe just building and selling a mailing list. My guard would be up. These days, it's just too easy for a seller to do a quick search and establish the true value of whatever they are selling and price it accodingly.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      this is true, but a conversation with the seller should quickly weed out if it's a scam or not.

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      You're correct, especially about an item listed in multiple cities, around here trailers are a popular lure. My understanding of how the scam progresses is the "seller" asks for a deposit through an online payment handler (paypal, zelle, others) to "hold it" and once they have the money communication stops and the "buyer" gets bupkus. One of the tips is a single picture, this one has more and the seller lists a phone number, so it's not a typical scam...could be real this time.

So help me I'm tempted to drive up there. If it's for real, this is a once in a decade opportunity. I could go visit my people in Philly and pick it up on the way home. But since I see that DonW wants it I will bow out.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Go for it. I avoid DC traffic and their beltway like the plague if at all possible.🙂

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm seeking the blessing of the wife now

MAN. I just bought a new car. I was leaning between a VW taos and a ford ranger. Ended up with the loaded taos but if i had the flatbed i would be all over that

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been eyeing the Maverick hard, I wanted a Ranger but they were almost the same price and size as the F-150 and same MPG so for me didn't make sense. But then I got rid of my F150 and find myself in need of something kinda truckish. So the Maverick or Santa Cruz (Honda truck thing is too expensive) make sense for me as a daily beater and kinda truck... Not having one though has saved me from some marketplace deals I didn't need

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      i was eyeballing the maverickk too but in person i found them a little ugly plus i think they just had a pretty major recall recently for battery fires

I just emailed with the seller. Someone bought the LSG. Probably a good thing as I was trying to figure out how to explain to my wife why I needed two LSGs on the patio.

Comment

I'm 6hrs away from this and have the ability and time to go and get it. I'm trying to convince myself otherwise

Comment

I just tried to leave out to get it. Seller responded promptly that its gone already!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here