Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GrillGrates for LSG Adjustable Grill & Smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GrillGrates for LSG Adjustable Grill & Smoker?

I intend to order some GrillGrates for my LSG AGS in the coming days. I want a set for one of the fireboxes (half the grill width).

Are there any AGS owners here who have them? Any learings you can share would be appreciated. What size did you order?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1233019

Like the looks of that grill. Almost makes me want to add a charcoal grill, that one!

Comment

I have the AGS same as you. Although I have a set of GG for my Large BGE I have never used them in my AGS. I'll need to give them a try sometime. I've used them on my Weber Gasser mostly with the smooth side up for burgers, onions, etc.

Comment

Problem solved - while searching the GrillGrates site I found a close out special for commerical grade grates. They are heavier gauge material and wider.

After measuring my grill I ordered two of the 20" long x 10.625" wide grates and they should fit perfectly. They do not interlock like the more narrow panels which is fine in my book. I would much prefer two that can be removed individually and they should not slide around with the layout of the AGS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	grate.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	1233096

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          One note of caution with GGs: they need to be slightly smaller (1/8") front-back and side-to-side than the opening if you are replacing stock grates. That is because they swell with high heat. I goofed once and ordered the exact size - they "popped" out of the opening upon getting hot. Doh!

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          GolfGeezer, good insight, thanks.

For those that are interested - the 20 inch x 10.625 inch GG's should have appropriate clearance for the AGS. The LSG stainless grates are 20" deep and have plenty of space.

They arrived and fit perfectly. The two together are the same size as the LSG stainless grates.

Looking forward to giving them a spin on some steaks or chops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220610_011040822.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	1234624

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here