Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket on LSG Adjustable Grill & Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expertly done. That cooker is on my dream list.

Comment

Beautiful!!!!

Comment

I'm enjoying all your posts about the LSG ACG -- right now I have analysis paralysis on this, vs. the M1/M36, vs the LSG 20 x 42. One downside of the ACG I see is the reduced capacity when using it as an offset, though it would be rare I'd need more than one side of the grill. LSG had a video where they direct smoked pork shoulders using the top rack -- do you think that is a realistic way to reclaim that real estate? Also wondering about clearance on the top rack -- do you think there's room for a turkey to go on the top rack?

Comment

Primo , I just went out and measured the top shelf clearance on my LSG AG&S and it's 7" so take it from there. I really like my LSG AG&S. the extra real estate gives me 4 different heat zones and lots of room when my entire Family is home.

Comment

• Primo
            Primo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the response! I guess it's time to go to the supermarket and measure some turkeys!

Nice cook and I really like that cooker. I've watched Lone Star's videos on it several times and it's pretty impressive.

Comment

• Alphonse
            Alphonse commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, their videos were a big factor in my purchase as well as some advice from others that own them. I never really laid hands on one until I brought mine out of the crate.
            Last edited by Alphonse; September 20, 2021, 10:21 PM.

Alphonse

Can you explain how you manage the fuel transition from splits to charcoal mid-cook? If you have small splits in the LSG Fire Management Basket for the first 2-3 hours, how do you physically transition to using a charcoal basket? Do you use the other side of the ACGS? Or remove the Fire Management Basket and use the same (left) side firebox?

“If you wanted to, you could easily start with a good coal bed and splits and then switch to lump charcoal for the finish.”​

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdavidson View Post
            Alphonse

Can you explain how you manage the fuel transition from splits to charcoal mid-cook? If you have small splits in the LSG Fire Management Basket for the first 2-3 hours, how do you physically transition to using a charcoal basket? Do you use the other side of the ACGS? Or remove the Fire Management Basket and use the same (left) side firebox?

“If you wanted to, you could easily start with a good coal bed and splits and then switch to lump charcoal for the finish.”​
            Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been here recently. I use lump or B&B briquettes. If you have a good coal bed, just drop some on top and add as needed. One of the great things about the AGS is access for fuel. For this brisket cook, I cooked the brisket offset from the fire making it really easy to get to the fire from above.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here