Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook LSG AG&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    @TripleB
    I am looking forward to making a run with splits to see how the fire management works. This pit is a different than our offsets since there's no stack. It will be very interesting to see how it behaves. I am hoping to cook a brisket in the coming week and give it a spin.

• TripleB
    commented on 's reply
    Alphonse - Right on about keeping a flame going with splits and temp. Exactly what I've learned on my offset. However, does not mean people won't try and I'm always open to hearing what people are trying. Thanks.

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    @TripleB
    No, I will not use the fan on splits. I have not tried it specifically on the AGS but my experience with splits is that it is imperative to keep a flame going. Betting yours is the same. The PID control focuses on temperature only and with splits it cannot assure a flame at the temperatures I want to cook at. So I will have to manage the fire very similar to an offset. I'll throttle the temperature at the cooking grate with the amount/size of the wood I add, air, and the frequency.

• TripleB
    commented on 's reply
    Alphonse do you plan on using the Guru fan when you cook with splits? If you do, I’d like to hear how that works out.

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    Fogo lump on this cook. I had a bag of their Premium lump which is the big stuff and it was actually too big. I need to reserve that stuff for my kamado cooks. I am planning a cook with splits for a brisket soon.

• TripleB
    replied
    Looks great. Were you using primarily briquettes with wood chunks or just wood splits?

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Boy....the times I’ve been slapped after saying that.

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    😆😆

• Skip
    replied
    Looking Good! Nice ribs.

Leave a comment:

• GadjetGriller
    replied
    Those Ribs look wonderful! but I gotta say that 3 picture of the Ribs is amazing! Yes I mean the actual picture, very professional looking. If the ribs were as good as that picture you were eating great!

Leave a comment:

• JakeT
    replied
    Nice! Lookin good. I like the laser cut grates too!

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    Great looking rack.....

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    LSG LSG LSG 💪💪💪

Leave a comment:

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks and yep,I have been using that same lucky clothes pin for years.

• Greygoose
    replied
    Ribz look great
    I like the honorable mention of the clothes pin 😂🤣😂👍👍👍

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here