Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG Adjustable Grill & Smoker Unboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSG Adjustable Grill & Smoker Unboxing

It is a great day when your pit finally arrives with the crate unscathed and the driver gladly rolls it down the steep drive to the parking pad without losing the load off the pallet jack! Lone Star Grillz sure knows how to box up a pit.

I had this one out of the box and moved to the back patio in less than 2 hours, solo.

The 808 pound crate on the pad and ready for the pry bar:

Click image for larger version  Name:	808 pound crate.jpg Views:	0 Size:	566.6 KB ID:	1011231

Top and sides stripped off along with wheel blocking and straps removed. Lightening the load to move the pit:

Click image for larger version  Name:	lightening the load (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	390.2 KB ID:	1011230

LSG makes the crate's skid so you roll the pit right off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	about to roll off.jpg Views:	0 Size:	613.3 KB ID:	1011232

Making the trip to the back covered patio where it will live with its brethren.
    All that crate sheeting makes a great runway to move across the grass and over stone pathways.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Making the trip to patio.jpg Views:	0 Size:	523.8 KB ID:	1011233

At home!

Click image for larger version  Name:	open profile portrait.jpg Views:	0 Size:	486.3 KB ID:	1011234

I think I am going to like the SS grates.

Click image for larger version  Name:	love those grates.jpg Views:	0 Size:	478.8 KB ID:	1011235

Last edited by Alphonse; March 31, 2021, 01:52 PM.

Wow! Congratulations on getting a great smoker. And good job on the pics and write up. LSG really pays attention to detail....seeing it crated up like that, hard to believe it was a one man job. Well done. Can’t wait for your first food pics.

Comment

• Alphonse
      Alphonse commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. The crate demo isn't bad at all. This is my second one and I remembered what I had learned the first time. I seasoned it last night and the inaugural cook is underway.

That is a beautiful thing!

Comment

Congrats, now the fun begins!
      The crate is a work of art. And a pain to take apart for sure. Fire that sucker up.

Comment

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, their crates and their securing methods are well developed. They don't spare any nails either.

Beautiful smoker. Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations! Now the fun begins!

Comment

Congrats Alphonse She sure is a beauty.

And you're right about the abundance of nails they use.

Comment

You and Skip both. Congrats !! Glad to see you got the stainless grates. The cooker will last several life times !! Enjoy

Comment

• Alphonse
              Alphonse commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! You could have laid hands on it and inspected it when you were there a couple of weeks ago! I am thinking the grates will be nice to have but a few cooks will tell the story there.

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't want to highjack this thread but thanks Troutman. I like the SS grates on mine. Scrape with a putty knife and wipe clean.

I seasoned it last night. I sprayed the fireboxes and upper interior down with Pam and fired it up. I held it at ~ 250F for a couple of hours and then let it go up to 300F for an hour or so and then backed it down to 250F and went to bed. I am guessing it ran for 6 or 7 hours.

This pit is different than my LSG offset in that it is double walled and the paint will be soft for sometime since much of it doesn't get as hot. The doors are single wall and they should be done now. The SS grates and lid will not benefit from seasoning based on my experiences from other grills and cookware..

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210330_215054675.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1011287

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210331_000956734.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1011286

Comment

Wow! Congrats on the new cooker - that is a thing of beauty, and may be the ideal cooker for someone who wants to grill AND smoke with charcoal.

Comment

• Alphonse
                Alphonse commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Jim, I bought the fire management basket for splits as well. I had one already for my offset and now have two if I really want to get with it!

Those stainless grates are things of beauty. Looking forward to your eval on those. I don't really need one of these with all the other cookers I have, but they call to me just the same.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                I hear you on that. I have too many cookers as it is but I find myself wanting one of theses BAD!

That looks great - congrats!

Comment

Beee-yoootiful!!! I am, however, a little disappointed there were no backhoe pics.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, uh, how much does she charge? I’ll pay for the gas too.

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Panhead John, there is always a customary fuel charge regardless of flat rate shipping, you need to call for customized pricing: 1-800-328-7448.

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😂😂😂 I had to hang up. Ain’t got no money left after buying that damn Bronco.
                  Last edited by Panhead John; March 31, 2021, 07:42 PM.

Beautiful unit there! Congrats.

Comment

Very Nice! Congrats!

Comment

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lsglsglsglsglsglsglsglsg........

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here