Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG 24x48 Adjustable Grill/Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSG 24x48 Adjustable Grill/Smoker

Well, about 2 weeks ago my new LSG 24x48 AGS arrived. Soon after it was uncrated but life got busy and it was a few days later before I could take the time to season it and begin to "practice" cooking on it. Since then I've made several different proteins and vegetables on it. To name a few, pork tenderloin, cod, salmon, pork shoulder roast, burgers, potatoes, green beans in Cast Iron, Onions and Peppers in Cast Iron, and a Bone-in Turkey Breast with Brussels Sprouts in CI is planned for this afternoon. The learning curve hasn't been bad but I realize I need to work on my fire management some more. So far I've been using Fogo or B&B Lump Charcoal and most often been lighting it with a few KBB Briquettes to minimize the sparking that the lump gives off. Several times I've also added a few Oak Splits to the lump. Cast Iron works great on the LSG. Sorry some of the pictures weren't better nor were all the cooks included in the pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210305_162820(0).jpg
Views:	502
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1006761Click image for larger version

Name:	20210309_082151.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1006762Click image for larger version

Name:	20210318_175231.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1006763Click image for larger version

Name:	20210319_175539.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1006764Click image for larger version

Name:	20210320_094353.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1006765
    Last edited by Skip; March 21, 2021, 11:02 AM.

Nice Skip! Congratulations on a good looking cooker.

Comment

Keep 'em coming! I'm a huge fan of this grill but will be delaying my outdoor kitchen build until next year at this point, so I can't put my order for one in just yet.

Comment

Skip, Congratulations! What a beauty she is! You went whole hog on that one didn't you? Wheel upgrade, SS grates, end table, extra temp. gauge, poker, . . . . Did you get fan ports?

Are you using LSG's charcoal baskets and/or their fire management basket? Are you able to kill the fire easily when you shut it down?

What are your impressions on the SS grate upgrade thus far? Are you finding them easy to clean? Food sticking to them?

I like your double gauges. Do you notice a big difference in temperature side to side when using only one of the two fireboxes?

Looks like she was easy to get off the crate? How did the crate survive the trip? Who was the freight company they used?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but I really like this pit!

(EDIT: I went back to another thread and see that you did get fan ports!)

Last edited by Alphonse; March 21, 2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Answering your questions in order. Square Charcoal Basket. The fire does die eventually with the vents closed but it does hold quite a lot of heat for a long time. SS grates are nice to use and scrape clean with a putty knife. So far temps seem to vary 25-50 degrees side to side on the Gauges. It was crated very well with no damage. It was shipped from TX by ABF and passed off to a local Freight Company in MN. I have not used the fan ports yet-they are located in the back-one for each side.
          Last edited by Skip; March 21, 2021, 08:23 AM.

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Skip! Glad to hear that SS grates are working well and how to clean them. My pit is shipping via ABF this week and they have a terminal not too far away. I expect they will handle the delivery with a local lift gate. I too have ordered the square charcoal baskets. As AZ Fogey reported, the fan ports may not be necessary but a help to get it going! Looking forward to more reports and photos!

Congrats. I bet you will really enjoy her.

Comment

Just started tinkering with mine. Man, these are fun!!!

Comment

I can not see photos? What fun it is to explore new!

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea pics disappeared, try re-loading Skip

Are the pictures there now? Richard Chrz or Troutman

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              I see it now, boy do I see it !! Those gills are often overlooked in their lineup but are they versatile !! Great choice Skip

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              They are back on. Awesome!

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              For some reason I thought you got an offset. Regardless, that thing is gorgeous!

No photos showing.

Comment

Pics are there for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post
                Sorry some of the pictures weren't better nor were all the cooks included in the ...
                What pictures?

Comment

Sorry--tried loading pictures again. Hope it works this time.

Comment

• ofelles
                    ofelles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    got them thanks!

• Alphonse
                    Alphonse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I see them too.

SWEEEEEET. Skip I’m sooo glad that you and others are now, and will soon be enjoying, Chris’s cookers. The are second to none. IMO.

Comment

Gorgeous pit. Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing more cooks!

Comment

^^^ what they all said. Learning a new cooker is fun and that one looks especially fun. Congrats and looking forward to living vicariously!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here