Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Safe To Use Firewood That Has Been "Miced" For Smoking/Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    FireMan ....Therapee? https://www.bedwettingtherapy.com/?g...oaAgx6EALw_wcB

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Notta Health Care Provider, an not advisin any all to ignore any yall, or yer loved ones might be affected by, simply ya askin my answer...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Ran outta room, above, but my Initial Answer still stands Pat:

Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 25, 2020, 09:35 PM.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    FireMan lol did I misspell it? Probly my Bad, as per usual... I must meant th mouse pee pissidates... oops dissipates, totally my bad...
    Sry fer any Conrnfusion, Amigo!
    Don't (presently) work fer NASA , but fairly confident that dissipation is, even of mouse urine, simply a phenomenon of phsyics, given time, ppms, an all that kinda cray cray, jus another day...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 25, 2020, 09:40 PM.

• Oak Smoke
    replied
    I wouldn't worry too much about the urine on the wood. Not much is going to survive the heat, smoke, and carbon monoxide. I keep pesticides out to keep the mouse population in check, especially around the wood stack. Here if you have mice you will also have rattlesnakes and copperheads trying to eat them. It's a bit unnerving to grab a piece of fire wood and find a rattlesnake under it.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Rona on the wood piles? Don’t give em any ideas.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmmmm, embedded urine. Sounds like a case for........

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah sure, we know what’s on yer mind.

• zx11ninja
    replied
    Hi all.

I thank you greatly for the comments, suggestions, and especially the laughs.

My friend's woodpile is from a cherry tree that was felded and cut up. He bought approximately between a third and a half of a cord for $240. Because cherry is one of the more precious woods, this subject was quite difficult for him. He didn't want to waste the wood.

The idea of sterilizing the splits via pre-burning is an excellent one, as it should guarantee that any nastiness, and especially embedded urine, is vaporized and removed. He was getting a Breeo X Series fire pit anyway, so he can use that to pre-burn the logs, and use tongs to transfer the pre-burned split to the smoker firebox. He would just need to make sure that the split is completely charred black on the outside before transferring it to the firebox.

Thanks again.

Take care.
    -Z

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Seems like much ado 'bout nuffin'. Now if it were tainted with the Rona that's a different story altogether. You'd have to stay at least 6' away from your cooker and prolly wear a face coverin' of some sort.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Yippee-yi-yay, Cow Patty
    She rode into town to kill the man that killed her Daddy
    Yippee-yi-yaaaaaay, Cowww Patty

• troymeister
    replied
    When I had my country house, mice, gophers, chipmunks, even a wood chuck and who knows what other creatures took up residence in my wood pile. There was no way to stop them...I wasn't cooking with the wood but it went into our pot belly stove.Most often we kept the door open so we could have the ambiance of the fire. I never noticed any bad odor or anything. Especially after the wood was burning cleanly. I say unless it is a really disgusting piece, shake it off....call it a day.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    "Forty shots rang out
    Forty people fell
    Patti and the killer missed each other
    But they shot that town to hell"

• holehogg
    replied
    I need new reading specs I read Minced wood.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here