Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uphill Smoke??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uphill Smoke??

RE smokers, Ben Lang recommends having the opposite end of the firebox be slightly higher than the firebox end so the smoke/heat has to "travel uphill." That seemed odd to me....anyone know why that would help??

Heat rises? That's all I can think of.

Comment

I guess it works better. It has to go back down hill to get out since it's reverse flow.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. Also, where is the grease port located?

Depends if it is standard or reverse flow. Standard you would do that to help it draw better but should not need it if the pit is designed correctly. Reverse flow you could do that to help even out temps end to end .
      End to end temps will vary depending on amount of wood/fire, air inlet opening and temp you are operating at.

Comment

I cook level. No issues whatsoever.

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          By the end of the cook I am usually a little bit tweaked. Might have something to do with the pile of cans next to the pit.

• MTurney
          MTurney commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful pit by the way....love the wheels!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here