Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holes for probes on a Lang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holes for probes on a Lang

I am using a Lang 48” deluxe stick burner does anyone know the best place to put 2 small holes for probes thank you for the input

What I did on my Jambo was to remove the thermometer and drill out the hole a bit more. It did not mess with the threads, so I can put the thermometer back when I want. But enlarging the hole allowed me to pass in at least 3 probes and it was much easier than drilling a hole through 1/4” rolled steel. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Daniel duke
      Daniel duke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you triple B that is one thought, I was trying to stay away from the lid I think it creates a problem with opening and keeping the probes out of the way.

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah... my temp gauge is in the middle of the smoker. Lids are to the left and right. Still a bit of a nuisance with regards to the probe lines getting in the way. Oh well, good luck.

Lang 48” offset deluxe reverse flow smoker
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Wail, ya done went, an gone BIG, so I'm guessin that ya ain't 'Goin Home', anytime soon, Brother!!!!

Smoke On!!!

So, zat a 24" diameter Lang x 48 length? Tryin to gauge, referrin to tire size, which I'd guesstimate to be be 14"-15"...

Mr. Bones I had a larger one, but a fella said he would like to use it for his church socials while I was in the middle of moving so I let him use it after moving and getting settled I went to get it back but he said he needed money so he sold my smoker, sometimes forgiveness isn’t always easy but I believe it’s always necessary,

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      sometimes forgiveness isn’t always easy but I believe it’s always necessary
      Reckon that's true enough, Brother
      At my age, an despite my rather coloured past, I've achieved th state where that is almost automatically possible
      there's a few things I still want Blood over, but swore an unbreakable oath to not perpetrate, to my Ma, God rest her Soul
      Equally reckon, haven't never quite mastered bein able to forgive my danged ol self, but mebbe, that, too, will happen, yet...

Mr. Bones dimension of Lang
    • L x H x W: 120" x 69" x 49" 13” Aluminum Wheels

Comment

Mr. Bones forgiving yourself wasn’t meant to be easy it is a constant reminder of where we don’t want to go back too.I think it’s a gift to have a conscience, some folks just don’t care and isn’t that a sad state

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I certainly appreciate yer wisdom, an depth of perspective, amigo...them was some fine words, which I find myself in total agreement with...many thanks fer takin th time to share yer thoughts.

Sláinte

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        @Mr.Bones By the way. Forgiving is not forgetting. Something about if we forget the past we're going to repeat it...............
        Last edited by ofelles; July 6, 2019, 02:03 PM.

Mr. Bones don’t mention it, we all have a background but you can’t look ahead and look back at the same time 🙂 a famous writer once said forgetting what lays behind but pressing on to the high calling

Comment

Hey yall! I'm super late to this conversation (probably too late), but my Lang 36 came with a hole for probes. It's big enough for at least four to get through there one at a time. I'm surprised this one didn't. On mine it's down about a half inch and maybe about a half inch to the left of the lid. I believe there was a little plug screwed in there if you wanted to seal it up but it's long lost. Can't see the point in that lil plug. I use a probe with every cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here