Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

48 Deluxe Lang Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48 Deluxe Lang Smoker

Here is my new 48" Deluxe Lang smoker. I would like to hear from others that also have a Lang smoker to get tips on cooking with it.

Sweet rig. Love the color of the truck too.

Wish I had one to give you some tips.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit DW. Please check out my Welcome and Tips posts to get an idea of your guidelines and a tip on how to complete your sig. http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/main

I'm moving this topic to the Grills and Smokers Channel. You'll find several helpful folks there!

Comment

Lang has several instructional videos on their website... here's the link: http://langbbqsmokers.com/news_media...wToVideos.html They also have a smart phone app that has been updated. Here's a general tip... Consider adding gaskets to all the doors, etc. to "tighten up the ship". It will pay dividends in fuel efficiency & temperature control. Here's a link for gasket material: http://www.bbqgaskets.com/contact_3.html Little Joe

Comment

I have seen all of the Lang videos more then once. I would like to see other videos of meat actually cooking on the Lang 48 Deluxe. I have only cook once on my Lang and that was 8 butts. They turn out to be ok but I had problems with the temp being hotter on the firebox end then the other end which I know the firebox side is going to hotter. Is there a way to balance it out more evenly across the grate? I'm going to do bb back ribs and whole chicken next weekend and I was thinking of putting ribs on the not so hot side and the chicken closer to the firebox side, what do think? It's like a new toy that I have to play with and learn.

Comment

First, I wish I had one, I WANT ONE!

Now that I've got that out of my system, I agree with taking advantage of what others might see as a disadvantage. Namely, stick-burners have hot spots. If you learn just how much of a difference you have from end-to-end, then all you have to do is get the timing right. Huskee and I both use that temperature difference to our advantage when cooking meats with different thicknesses. Using it for ribs at one end and chicken at the other makes perfect sense.

Comment

Thanks boftx

Comment

Try putting a water pan on the hot end under the grates. That has helped me even out temp spikes in my EOS. By the way nice little setup there. The only thing in hindsight I wish I would've done different was gotten a trailer rig like that.

Comment

That's a nice smoker dude. I have nothing so nice so I can't really comment beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Master Apprentice View Post
                    That's a nice smoker dude. I have nothing so nice so I can't really comment beyond that.
                    It's not a bad truck either.

Comment

I have been looking hard at the Lang 36" Deluxe but continuing the learn and expand my horizons, I think DW is correct and the 48"Deluxe would be better. As Huskee said the trailerable option is very desirable and even in the yard it makes lining the unit up with the way the wind is blowing looks easier on this unit.

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        FWIW I can fit 9 racks of ribs laying them flat on the grates quite easily in my Yoder, which has the same general dimensions as the 48" Lang. That is with using the upper rack which is sometimes optional. Obviously you could cook way more poundage if doing pork butts or chickens, taller meat. You will never regret getting a larger unit but the first time there's a gathering coming up and it wont all fit on the small unit you'll kick yourself. (Or you wife will kick you )

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here