Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sign from God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign from God?

You guys and gals have gotten me interested in stick burners, and today I checked out the Lang website. I discovered that Lang is only an hour and 43 minutes from my house. Is this a sign from God?

could be.....

Comment

You should go and pay them a nice visit to learn about your next smoker!

Comment

Nah quick, before you lock on target: http://www.kbq.us/

And don't miss http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...r_target_id=62

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, EdF, I want one of those as well. The KBQ make more sense for me, to be sure, but the romance of a pure stick burner - it's a summit I feel called and driven toward. Talk me out of it, please.

You got lucky I'd have to drive 800 Miles to find a quality Pit manufacturer. Take advantage of it! Pay them a visit, if nothing else, it would be awesome to see!~

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          I could head north and stop at Southern Soul in Brunswick for lunch. On their site I notice that they have an all day class coming up in November.

Clearly the only choice you have now is to take a pile of money and a vehicle with a trailer hitch, and pay them a visit. Clearly.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          hoovarmin I guess you got the jack pot. Awesome and congrats.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hold on to that one for dear life. She sounds like the catch of a lifetime. (I am sure she feels the same way about you. ) hoovarmin

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen, Spinaker

Well…

Be sure to get pictures when you go to pick yours up!

Comment

hoovarmin, hooooovarminnnnnn, hooooovarminnnnn, tell her than do something. 🎆

Comment

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            FireMan you are the devil on all our shoulders!

You will enjoy meeting Ben Lang he’s a super nice fellow. Have you got a certain model already pick out?

Comment

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            Not really, but looking at the website feeds my addiction to "more." I saw the 36 Patio here in Max's reviews and felt I'd be content to have one, but then I went to Lang.com and saw the 48's and the option for a cooker on a trailer I could hook up to my truck and experienced a need within myself that heretofore was undiscovered.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I have the 48” deluxe trailer model

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            That thing is a BEAUTY!

EdF, have you just scrambled my brains. I really didn’t know much at all about the KBQ & didn’t want to know much about it. So I didn’t pay any mind to them any which way. The thread devoted exclusively to them, nothing. Pictures of it, nada. One was used in "cookin today", zilch. Out of sight out of mind. I know nothing, I see nothing, I didn’t even get out of bed this morning.
          And, you made it so easy to catch a peek, a true peek.Then you hit with Max’s review. Oh what is a Pit dude to do? Woe is me! I am laid to waste, in shambles, as I come to grips with life. Maybe a good dose of Spam will soothe the pain. Than again, who am I kidding.

Comment

• kmhfive
            kmhfive commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe Spam, eggs, bacon, sausage , and Spam.

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Why'd you have to make us look at that EdF?

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            FireMan and I are a tag team - one on each shoulder, both Devils.

Originally posted by hoovarmin View Post
          You guys and gals have gotten me interested in stick burners, and today I checked out the Lang website. I discovered that Lang is only an hour and 43 minutes from my house. Is this a sign from God?
          In an effort to arrive at complete discernment, I suggest also figure the length for the trek to hang with Jamie Greer at Jambo Pits, near Ft. Worth. Road Trips are SUPER FUN, and I love smoking on my Jambo!!!

Comment

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            I just like saying the word "Jambo." I'm picking up a lotto ticket on my way into the office this morning. Maybe I can have all three. When I first started to become active here I kept noticing "MCS" but didn't know what it meant. Now I do.

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            #MCSProblems

Absolutely! So long as you won't suffer from buyer's remorse pining over another pit..Shipping an offset can add up.

Comment

Think long and hard before putting your money in a stick burner. From my pic, you can see that I own a Jambo (JT). I love JT, but she is demanding.....

Comment

hoovarmin I thought all day and night about your question. The answer is "Yes".

Comment

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                I sense that you spent the day in prayer over this Mudkat

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                I did. Legs crossed, palms together, fingers up and in front of me. A top a mountain, in front of a fire, with a blue moon in my eyes. The Oracle speaks through flame and smoke. Her face, her body, in a trance. I ask without speaking. With a voice from the grace of Valhalla she answers. "Yes." She doesn't say much, in which I am relieved. Oh boy. Got carried away there.

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Just as I had imagined it Mudkat!

This thread is a classic! Lol!

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here