Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horizon sales responsiveness and customer service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizon sales responsiveness and customer service?

Before i grew impatient and just picked up a OKJ, I sent Horizon an e-mail trying to ask about their 20" Icon LT model. After a couple days, I tried to call and never got an answer. As of today, I still don't have an e-mail response and it's been long over a week. I'm no longer in the market for one, but I'm curious if something is up with them? For those that have Horizon pits, what's your experience been like before and even after the sale if needed?

Well that’s no good.
    Regardless of the issue, someone should update their website or something.

Comment

I feel like something is up there. Their website shows a map of their 2018 dealers. You can still buy their stuff on the basspro.com website, and they show a couple of dealers in Des Moines on that map. But... if they are not on the ball to update their website, they are not on the ball with online sales for sure. Surprised they didn't answer the phone, but for all we know, they moved manufacturing to China, closed the plant, and its just a shell for distribution to stores like Bass Pro shops.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        The problem was I couldn't find any local stock in BassPro to look at, plus the LT model appears kinda unique designed to be direct shipped. I could have called the BBQ place about 45 mins away, but was pretty turned off about not being able to get a response from Horizon directly for basic info about the model I was looking at. I've had mixed luck calling retailers for model info, especially on more unique models.
        Last edited by glitchy; March 17, 2020, 02:27 PM.

Hmmm.. maybe their similar counterpart, Yoder, would be your next consideration if you don't get a response and ever come back into the market.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m guessing the OKJ will probably be enough of a taste, but you never know. If I love it, the end goal will most likely be a step higher than Yoder or Horizon though, like LSG, Franklin, etc. The LT model was appealing for the low price point as an American made entry level pit for slinging logs. I looked a little at Yoder, but I think closest dealer is 2 hours away to even see one. Their pits look pretty nice though.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't go wrong with any of them you mentioned glitchy. I only have ownership experience with Yoder, and they are nearly identical to the Horizons (in fact rumor has it old emplyees(s) of one started the other) but if you enjoy the OKJ and want to upgrade you have your work cut out for you with all the fantastic makers available today to choose from.

I had a similar issue when I bought my smoker. Email response was pretty hit or miss. It was very delayed because their foreman got injured and I had to email weekly to get updates. It works great but the sales experience wasn't super easy. Once it was delivered I've been really happy with it though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here