Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, my heart is set on the Horizon 24" RD Special Marshal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my heart is set on the Horizon 24" RD Special Marshal

but my wallet says NO! While pouting, I came across a 16 inch Horizon Classic offset for sale just a few minutes away. The smoker is great shape (claims garage kept), which I kinda believe as they still had the original owners manual. My wallet says, YES, for $170 you can have this 1/4 offset. You read that right $170. Isn't big enough to feed the masses, but big enough for a brisket or couple racks of ribs. Irony, a tuning plate and cover (since I don't have room in my garage) will cost more with shipping than the smoker cost...
    Attached Files

Go get it.

Comment

• tstalafuse
      tstalafuse commented
      Editing a comment
      Already home with it

That's a great price, wow! Not sure you could even get a cheap thin box store smoker for that. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on your new cooker! Enjoy

Comment

Enjoy you time playing with fire!

Comment

That is an awesome pick up. Make sure to give some details on your first cook.

Comment

Great score, especial at that price!

Yup their covers are pricey...

I Loves my Horizon 22", much more room/heavier build than my 16"x32" OKJ, hope ya don't outgrow it too fast...

Any questions, etc., be sure to holler here, or hit me up...always glad to help

Lookin forward to some action pics, amigo!
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 10, 2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I love hearing about great bargain buys! Congrats!

Comment

You stole it, nice catch

Comment

Finally had the time to break in the new smoker... Still need to learn how to deal with the temp spike right after adding some wood, but the test chickens turned out awesome..
                  Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
                    treesmacker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, I thought that was a turkey! Either way it looks scrumptious!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    An yet, we all still, inexplicably, cain't quite fathom why there is a genuine surfeit of "Test Chickens" available, at any given moment lol
                    Brave Yardbirds, sez I...

• tstalafuse
                    tstalafuse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not sure, but they are abundant..

Score!!!! Love it!!

Comment

Enjoy, an jus do me a favour, if ya would, Please...

LMK, if/when ya ever outgrow it, an decide to sell, upgrade to bigger...

I'll find a way, or make a way to come drag it home from CO. Then pass on my OKJ Highland to a buddin newer pit person, with free lessons.

Jus sayin.

Comment

• tstalafuse
                      tstalafuse commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I attempted to convince my wife to use the forth coming stimulus money, but it seems we need a new couch more (assuming the stores ever open again)..., but I will certainly keep you in mind for when the 2nd round of stimulus money comes our way...

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol I unnerstand...
                      Anytime I might be of assistance, wail, jus hit me up, Brother...
                      I'm right here...
                      Oh, I still smoke a lil, an have ~1 beer/ 2 shots per diem, avg., but I did manage to give up th whole Wife thang, been Clean fer almost 36 years...so Good Luck with that!

You stole that thing! I paid over $900 for my 16" Horizon back in 2015. I've had the best luck with B&B Lump plus 3" to 4" chunks of hardwood for longer smokes. Enjoy!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• tstalafuse
                      tstalafuse commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have seen B&B as burning longer in side by side comparisons, so I will have to give it try. Thanks

I have seen a Horizon 16" come on the market close to me and was wondering if it is a good deal for $600. I have a Traeger 22 and do not think I will be gaining any size with a 16", it will mostly be enabling me to learn Offset smoking.

Comment

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      PTFC

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Seems to be a decent price. They're a lot of steel and rarely cheap. Smaller offsets are a touch harder to operate, but that's not to say it's hard. We all learn what cookers we have and we do our best. If the hands-on experience of using a stickburner and attaining & storing firewood puts a smile on your face, I suspect you'll do just fine with it!

• Murdy
                      Murdy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If that were near me, I'd be seriously checking it out. Seems good if it's in any kind of shape.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here