Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horizon Smoker (information)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one on the trailer will have 4 wheels like the behemoth above.

Comment

If any own one please share pic. I would love to move on to the research, science and recipes. Very little information out there and I'm driving Huskee crazy with this thread.

Comment

Corepin, it absolutely puts a smile on my face every time. The food that comes off of is surpasses anything I hoped for when I 1st bought it. I had visions of making good bbq, I hoped for great bbq, and the results typically fall between those 2 levels.

1 addition that is a must have is some good digital thermometers for the meat and the grate level in cooking chamber. The gauges that come with it are nice, but the difference in temperature for where the gauges are placed to what the grate level temperature is could be 50-100 degrees hotter.

As for building a fire, Huskee pointed you in the right direction. As for maintaining a steady 250 temp, it may happen occasionally, but it will hold a range fairly well (240-260).

Comment

Here is the site's review of what I assume is the model in the photo above on a trailer: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...smoker-trailer . That photo looks larger than a 24. I saw the 20 model at a Bass Pro shop a couple of years back. I'm picky when I look at BBQ's. I looked at the welds, the door, the chimney. I looked for gaps. It looked as solid as it gets - passing all of the eye tests. I think everyone on this site had their fingers crossed in the one month that the Horizon was offered as a prize in the monthly drawing.

Comment

Corepin, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
            Enjoy "The Pit"! I think You will "Love" Your Horizon! I have the COS Version of the Oklahoma Joe Highlander, Smokes Well but Low Quality❓
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here