Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UW provisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UW provisions

So i am pretty sure this wouldn't be considered a butcher but they have A LOT of meat. whole packer briskets, pork shoulder, tenderloins, tri-tip, etc etc. i believe it is pretty affordable too. i get all of my smoking meats from there so far.

Do they have a retail location?

Comment

yeah they have a middleton address.

For over 60 years, UW Provision has been dedicated to local businesses, passionate about real meat, and trusted by loyal customers.

2315 Pleasant View Rd
      Middleton, WI 53562-4270

Comment

• RustyHaines
        RustyHaines commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, 5 minute drive from my house. My favorite meat purveyor !

• tmaan235
        tmaan235 commented
        Editing a comment
        They also have a store in Sun Prairie.

It's still in the office park. I used to buy sandwich steaks for parties there. never thought about bigger stuff. thanks

Comment

They also have a location in Sun Prairie under a different name if that helps.

Comment

They used to be (probably still are) primarily a wholesaler. I worked for a shop in the 1980s and 90s where we dealt with them quite a bit. Was a quality company back then. Now, I occasionally see a UWP truck in the western suburbs of Chicago.

Comment

since i started the thread i feel like i should place a disclaimer/update

lately their prices have been garbage and their sales have been pointless (cheese, cookie dough, fish sticks, already made pulled pork, etc). they have a warehouse sale twice a year and what are supposedly the best prices of the year are the same sale prices they have any other time of the year.

but the worst part about them in the last couple of year is i've observed them selling "prime grade meat" that was choice grade meat which you can distinguish by the original bag the meat comes in. i've witnessed this 3 times now with brisket and prime rib roasts. one of the warehouse sales advertised prime grade rib roasts and it was a 50/50 of prime/choice but all marked the same. it was really shady. the first two times i encountered this i brought it up to them and they seemed shocked but did nothing about it so i have to assume it's on purpose. i still shop there from time to time (no choice for some cuts) but i have to be observant when i do so.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Thanks for the update.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here