Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western WA - Shawn's - Maple Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western WA - Shawn's - Maple Valley

All Shawn's beef is sourced from Painted Hills .... It's great stuff. When I want to get a couple steaks for my wife and I for date night dinner, I go here. In Maple Valley, WA so may not be convenient unless you live in Kent, Renton, Maple Valley, Black Diamond, Enumclaw.

ecowper, do you still recommend Shawn's? My daughter and her husband live in North Bend, and it's getting hard for them to find meat. They normally go to Costco, and there is evidently not much there. Unless I need multiple briskets or its a really good deal, I always buy from local butchers/processors, and/or direct from the farmer. But I'm in Iowa. Encouraging them to start buying "local".

Comment

• bardsleyque
      bardsleyque commented
      Editing a comment
      been there done that, great meat!!!

Bogy Shawn’s absolutely. You have to call them, place your order, then pull up curbside. It’s too small inside for safe distancing .... but they still have plenty of meat available.

Comment

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. More good information from my sources at AR!

@ecowper, I guess that means they aren't doing the Saturday sampling thing either. When we lived there Shawn's was our go to quality butcher as well.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, no Saturday sampling, none of that stuff anymore. Not until June.

Thanks guys. My daughter called this morning and ordered a brisket flat and a pork shoulder, and picked them up later that morning. She appreciated having a place to go that was recommended by people who smoke and take their meat seriously, instead of just googling "butcher" and hoping for the best. Not only was it an issue of finding a place that had meat they could buy, but they have been making the effort to buy from and support local businesses as much as possible. So thanks again.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re absolutely welcome. Love Shawn’s .... great people and everything is sourced from great ranches like Painted Hills. As much as possible, their meat comes from the Northwest, so we are supporting reasonably local ranchers, too, rather than corporate feedlots.

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      And they make some good sausages too,...…………..

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Uncle Bob I love their pepperoni

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here