Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beef ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCBBQ here in nj I'm always looking for a deal. Good thing I've got a great butcher shop round the corner from me. (Bringshurst meats)
    they usual have some sorta animal hanging on the hooks that you can see thru the window for processing. That being said,I usually look thru my local shoprite sales paper if I don't want to pay full price. Not as good as bringhurst, but a deal is a deal.
    Here is a pic of this weeks shoprite flyer
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	275942
    i just wonder is This is the same as Dino bones. I'll find out after work. If they look good, I'll grab some just to have some in case the zombies start to attack
    Last edited by Nuke em; February 15, 2017, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Personally I've never hear of a "beef rib steak" - not sure what that is.

Same here but I found out yesterday. They were rib steaks like prime rib steaks. Just flat plain steaks. I passed. I have 1 1/2 steaks in the freezer. But now I know. Didn't wanna take the time to have the butcher slice thick ones. But ya just gotta keep looking

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Good price on the rib steak! I'm in NJ too. Must be a regional name. Sort of like when I lived in Ma. You could get sirloin tips anywhere. Nobody around here knows what it is (flap steak in some locations).

There used to be a place in Levittown, PA that served them. The place is long gone but the memory is still there.

I don't know if you have Amish markets in your part of VA, but I'd try there if you do. W e have a couple and I've had good luck asking for things they don't normally carry - like goose at the poultry stand. Or maybe a cow farm, if they don't do the butchering, they may be able to direct you somewhere. I saw beef ribs at one market, being sold as "dog food" at $2/lb. Bought the lot and baked them (didn't have a grill at the time). Delish!

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it!

railroadscot - I can get beef plate ribs up here in Fairfax County. The only place I've found them -- and packer briskets -- is Fresh World, an international market in Springfield. They come in 2-3 plate (3 bones each) cryovacs, and they are Angus. Awesome stuff. Here are some I did on Memorial Day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2534.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	328325

Comment

• Pequod
      Pequod commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting, because Springfield Butcher was the first place I went when I first looked for them a few years ago. Talked to the butcher/owner and, once he figured out what I was asking for, said he would not carry, not even a special order. Stopped going there after that. Faux butcher, I thought.

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Pequod yeah I pretty much have a love/hate relationship with them. I love the product(s), but hate the attitude/customer service. They seemed to have improved a little on the latter so I use them when I can snag a Groupon.

• Pequod
      Pequod commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up. I do like their jalapeño cheddar sausage. I'll grab a Groupon and take a look. I credit them with my finding plate ribs at Fresh World just down the road after finding no luck there.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here