Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapel Hill Farms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapel Hill Farms

Chapel Hill Farms is n interesting story. They are one of the very few sources for Randall Lineback beef. I ordered online and pickup at a local Maryland farmers’ market. The steaks are very flavorable. I’ll be trying my first brisket this weekend. Here’s a brief description from their website:
    1. The Randall Lineback breed dates back to the 17th century-- that’s 150 YEARS before all other conventional beef breeds. They are a unique genetic time capsule. Worthy of being saved!
    2. Our Randall Linebacks are 100% Pasture Born & Raised. This is a serious rarity in our world since it takes a LOT more work. It means they are bred, born, and raised outdoors and spend 100% of their lives outside.
    3. Berryville is located on limestone karst, a honeycomb of stone riddled with freshwater aquifers. This means it is poor land for large-scale agriculture, but perfect land for grazing. It also lends terroir to Randall Lineback beef-- flavor that comes from being raised on this soil, drinking this springwater & eating this native Virginia grass.
    The heritage genetics of the Randall Lineback breed mean rich red meat that’s uniquely delicious. Our Randall Linebacks are never confined and exercise every day, building the muscles that lend Randall Lineback beef its signature depth of flavor.

Thanks for sharing....always looking for another meat source.

Comment

As a former resident of Pamplin, VA (we've been told it's the answer to a Jeopardy Question: smallest incorporated town in USA) ... Berryville is a 'bedroom community' of the Beltway (aka 'the swamp') ... we raised Red Poll (a heritage breed from England which is well-known for it's plant-based flavor LOL) ... looking into this grower
      Thanks for the heads up.

Peace,
      Nunyaz

Comment

• StrikeBBQ
        StrikeBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I became interested when having a burger at Guinness brewery from Chapel Hill. All I’ve cooked was skirts and they were very beefy and texture more like veal than beef. I’m doing a brisket Saturday. It’ll be interesting for sure.

As someone who raises 100% pastured and grass fed/finished beef as a hobby, ill agree, its a rarity and takes a LOT of acreage for a herd.

Comment

• nunyaz
        nunyaz commented
        Editing a comment
        @texastweeter
        acreage AND time ... hobby, huh? Know anybody like that here in FL?

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        nunyaz no sir. Sorry.

It all sounds good.
      I probably couldn't afford a hoof...

Comment

The brisket is amazing! It was perfectly cooked to 180. Just loaded with flavor!
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good and the price is not bad based upon the quality.

Comment

• StrikeBBQ
            StrikeBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            It is very beefy and a lot like veal brisket (but bright red).

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here