Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BJ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJ's

A BJ's is opening soon near me. It's much closer than Costo, (we are members), or Sam's, ( not members). I will probably join because the have a deal, ( 1 yr for $25), right now.

Does anyone here belong, and what do ya think?

Following - still a fairly recent transplant to Virginia and have not checked out BJ's yet...

Comment

Oh, it’s a store.
      Last edited by Panhead John; August 28, 2022, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        Get mind out of gutter John.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought the same thing.

Long time member. Good prices on spirits, beer and wine. Protein too. Just renewed for $20. They must be losing members. We let it run out, and then the mailing for a reduced price. I think you can go and get a single day pass. I know they used to offer it. Good way to check it out.

Comment

The Woodbridge club is useful and more convenient to us than Sam's or Costco. My wife shops mostly at the military commissary, but occasionally goes to BJ's. Gas is usually the best price in the area and could easily pay for membership alone. Meat selection is basically retail. Not a lot of packer briskets (don't think I remember one in our club) or bulk buy of pork or chicken. My wife did come home with some nice meaty Swift St Louis ribs once that were good. Verde Farms ground beef is pretty good for burgers, but I don't taste any difference from commodity 80/20. Coupons are your friends. Summary is if you need to buy in bulk on occasion, gas pump prices suit you, and don't want to pay higher membership fees (8$ Sam's club excluded) then it is a decent place. I'd weigh convenience to other clubs, but selection of goods you want may be a manager issue versus other clubs.

Comment

RonB their meat market is not comparable to Costco. There's one half the distance from me that Costco is and I'm not a member for that reason.
          Last edited by hoovarmin; August 28, 2022, 12:13 PM. Reason: took out an unecessary "really"

Comment

I've been a member for many years now through my brother in law 's business. I was there this morning and picked up Kingsford professional 2 18# bags for $20 and 34# lump charcoal for $17.99 and a varity pack of pork which was a loin, center cut chops and a small shoulder for a reasonable price. In my opinion it is worth the membership. And oh ya, .filled up my truck for 50 cents off for spending over $100 today.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Is the 0.50 off for spending $100 all the time?

• Whiskeyman53
              Whiskeyman53 commented
              Editing a comment
              RonB, I believe the deal on gas runs until Labor Day. It has been going on all summer.

My local Sam's and Costco both have a much better meat selection. The BJs near me sometimes carries decent ribs or pork shoulder. Their Prime beef selection is not good. I can pick up decently priced charcoal, on occasion. Sometimes I find some other household items with better prices, like cereal. They do happen to have the best propane prices in town though, but I don't think you need to be a member to buy that.

Comment

I'm in VA and have both Costco and BJ's memberships. We use BJ's most often for staples as it is just a couple miles away. Our BJ's does have good pricing on gas and propane refills. In general, I prefer Costco as they tend to have a few things I really like that BJ's doesn't but they both have things we like and buy so we feel it's worth keeping both.

Comment

Panhead John
                Click image for larger version

Name:	49f0e7b5-05ce-408f-a98d-c38f40a2b2e7_text.gif
Views:	174
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1283208

Comment

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For your information, gboss, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior constraint. Enjoying my cup of coffee here, dude.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here