Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas A&M Rosenthal Meat Center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas A&M Rosenthal Meat Center?

Hey all,

For those of us in Texas, has anyone picked up meat from Texas A&M's Rosenthal Meat Center? https://agrilife.org/rosenthal/price-list/

They are the premier Meat Science program in Texas (although Texas Tech would almost certainly dispute that).

I watched their videos. They're fascinating. Between Rosenthal and Bearded Butchers, I've upped my meat cutting knowledge tremendously during the past few months.

Comment

I used to buy there all the time when I was in college and even ate lunch there - they had sausage wraps that we would microwave. I try to stop in when I pass through town. Back when I started college A&M had a creamery to process the milk from their teaching dairy farm. They made and sold ice cream at Rosenthal - it was better than Blue Bell! They have some great beef jerky and their pork chops have a hefty ring of fat around them, just the way I like them unlike grocery store pork chops that have about a 1/32" ring of fat - stupid health craze.

Comment

I stop by when we go visit our son at A&M. I for sure stock up on jerky, after that I just have to see what they have and what the prices are. I like thick steaks so the Cowboy Ribeye box is better than the dry aged prime ribeyes for the same price. The selection changes so if you have the complete list then they won’t have everything on it, they do have good sales usually at the end of the month to move stuff out so they can bring different stuff in. it’s all frozen so be prepared with a cooler if you’re going to take stuff home. We rented a condo with some friends last year for a game and I took my Jumbo Joe and cooked every night which made for a cheap weekend except for the tickets to the game.

Comment

I would respectfully dispute that. Guns Up 😜

Comment

Yea Tea Sip here but I have been in the enemy camp a few times. They do have an excellent meat science program up there. Hook 'em.

Comment

• T-bone
              T-bone commented
              Editing a comment
              +1 - same here

I occasionally drive up there to meet with some A&M System colleagues, but have yet to go by the Meat Center/store, which is why I asked. College Station is a nice two hour one-way drive (construction on Hwy 290 not withstanding) from where I am.

The campus to this day intimidates me. I still can't believe how huge it is. And A&M has its own airport. An airport. I want an airport at my university.

The first time I saw Kyle field, my jaw dropped. I had never seen a stadium that big.

Comment

Aggie dad and granddad here. Thanks for the tip. I will definitely alert my son (a frequent visitor) and two granddaughters (currently enrolled), in case they don't know already.

My older granddaughter will graduate in the spring and will be going to optometry school in Memphis. My son and I will definitely be visiting her and just might find time to hit a few BBQ joints for a family meat-up.

Comment

That was one of 2 places I shopped when I was in grad school there.... only bc they didn't sell beer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here