Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEB all the way !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEB all the way !!!

Nothing more to say --- they got GREAT Beef !!

And they got That Green Sauce

Comment

We severely miss HEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like them anywhere. Almost an entire side of an isle for salsa. And their Mexican food is on the Mexican isle, not the International Foods isle. Ok, I'll stop now before the rambling can't be turned off.

Comment

We live half a mile from an HEB-Plus, which is very well managed. Their meats are good, and they frequently put their Prime and Choice briskets on sale. For the higher cuts of beef (steaks, etc.), however, I go to Sam's, which is a couple of miles away. I like their Angus beef. I think their stew meat is scraps of Angus, which is great.

Comment

I also dig the HEB tortillas that are a flour/corn mix. Made in store. So good.

Comment

• MrMeat
            MrMeat commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, I love their fresh made tortillas!

Most of their store brand stuff is as good as or better than the big name stuff, and cheaper. Plus their ready made meals are great, especially when time is short and you need something to heat up quick.

Comment

Just to bump this up to present day, H-E-B has started to carry Waygu beef. A step above Prime One, much less than the online folks are selling it for.

Comment

You folks are making me antsy to move to Texas with all this talk of HEB goodness (I've never explored that much when I shop at one, clearly I should though!).

Comment

I look forward to Christmas time and those great huge USDA prime whole prime ribs. wow.

Comment

There's also the sea food! Fresh shrimp steamed while you wait for no extra charge. I take an ice chest there regularly just to bring home 5 lbs of steamed shrimp on ice. Their store brand cocktail sauce is as good as my home made.

Comment

Next on there expansion plans should be the Meadowvale area of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
                    If one of you Texas boys could pass on this idea to them it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Love HEB. It is astonishing how successful they have been. They have knocked down the other main grocery store chains (Randall's, Kroger's, Albertsons) to shadows of their former selves.

They, of course, have good, quality product, but also really figured out that if you couple that with an enjoyable shopping experience, people will shop there. Furthermore, they perfected the act, if not at least the image, of the managers and upper echelon actually caring about our shopping experience.

They also figured out changing consumer tastes and preferences (more international foods, healthier choices) far better and faster than their competitors.

And, for those of us on the Gulf Coast, the reason there is such a fierce loyalty to HEB is for what they did for us after Hurricane's Ike (2008) and Harvey (2017). Their disaster relief services (those big red trucks!) were there, visible, and present.

We love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_in_TX View Post

And, for those of us on the Gulf Coast, the reason there is such a fierce loyalty to HEB is for what they did for us after Hurricane's Ike (2008) and Harvey (2017). Their disaster relief services (those big red trucks!) were there, visible, and present.

We love them.

There was a meme going around that said "I'll see your FEMA and raise you our HEB!"

HEB had those trucks staged just out of the projected disaster zone and moved in as soon as they could. The bigger HEBs have gas stations and the ones around here kept their prices $0.40 cheaper than all of the other local gas stations when Harvey hit our area. They also had mobile laundry trucks.
                        Last edited by 58limited; October 19, 2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here