Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Road Dino Ribs Are Back !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my never ending search for monster beef ribs, one of my suppliers has been Porter Road Meats out of Nashville. They've been a mainstay here in the Pit especially for their pork offerings. All pasture raised animals, no hormones, just well sourced meat products.

A number of months ago they stopped carrying the big, beefy Dino Ribs cut from the rib plate bones 6-12. This entire 7 bone plate was massive but the anatomy of the cow started to work against the quality of the cut, especially in rib bones 9-12, by having too much fat content. They have since re-introduced the product with only those first three bones, the sweet spot of the rib section.

For those looking beyond the chuck ribs to the big, beefy monsters, they're back !!! I was told they are going fast. You can get on their waiting list if interested. I've got a plate waiting in the queue, can't wait to cook those babies !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs 03.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	869581Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs 13.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	869579Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs 06.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	869580

Just ordered a rack. Freezer is full. Guess I better cook something before they get here.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Just snagged one of the last 7 orders. Thanks!

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday. Hoping they are better than the 6 bone racks and I have no reason to think they wouldn't be. And glad I am not the only one who thought they had way too big of a vein of fat running through them.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          That's why they discontinued those big plates. They sent me one to try, it's in the freezer. Looks really good, some fat as usual but plenty of good meat as well. Doing brisket next then that plate !!!

I would have ordered just now, but they want $40 to ship to SoCal. Gotta let that go. Shame as they look great!

Comment

Gone now.

Comment

Missed out just now. On the waiting list.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here