Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don's Meats - Chattanooga TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don's Meats - Chattanooga TN

Hi guys, I wanted to tell you about my all time favorite butcher. Don't Meats. Don was my uncle. my grandmother's youngest sister, Sally's husband. My grandmother was one of hi meat wrappers for most of her life and my mom was too until she became an X-Ray tech while I was in High School. Don Passed away a few years ago but Sally is still lording over the shop and their oldest son, Donnie, who is actually the same age as my old man. they always have the best meat at great prices and they understand BBQ. Matter of fact, their biggest customer is actually a BBQ joint in Hixson. this place is SO good, they and Don's are SO intertwined, Years ago, Don had to change locations because of road construction and he decided to just move next door to the BBQ place to save time for both businesses. he keeps most things BBQ folks need all the time and anything you need specialty, he is more than happy to order.

Feel free to check out their website. on the front page, you will meet my Aunt Sally and my dear departed Uncle Don.

Local family owned butcher shop serving the greater Chattanooga TN area since 1988. Hand's Down The Best Meat In Town.

I don't guess you or your family know of a good place in Knoxville? I'm moving to the area and so far haven't found anything but I've been focused on finding a house. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

I shot my cousin Donnie a note. I'll let you know when he gets back to me. seems that butchers, REAL butchers (and they are going to the way of the dinoaur0 would know one another. Donnie learned the craft and inherited the business from his father. I don't know if he has a young'un who will follow him. I hope so. I'd love to see that business continue to thrive. They used to have 2 locations, one was right around the corner from my house. Sadly, they closed that location and are now only in Hixson. Interestingly, the Hixson location is next door to a BBQ Joint. a pretty darn GOOD BBQ joint!

I hope he has someone who will take over from him. he inherited the business from his father. I really hope it continues after he retires.

Comment

I heard back from Donnie. Sorry to say he doesn't know anyone form Knoxville. sorry, I wish I could help. try contacting the local Junior college, technical college. those are the places training new people up and coming, they often use the best butcher in town to teach. I know Don, Donnie's dad, used too teach here. also, look to local hunter's groups,. they will know who they can contact to butcher their kill. then, talk to any local BBQ joints. if there is a good butcher in town, the best owner operated BBQ joints will know.

Comment

Mike, Donnie is my cousin. his Father, the Don of Don't meats was my grandmother's brother in law. He was the premiere butcher for many years, teaching butchering at the local trade school. my grandmother and mother both spent many years as his wrappers. Donnie and his mother still run things. there is actually a BBQ shop that was next door to them (it seemed a good idea at the time since they were don't biggest customer) Tell him I sent you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here