Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, things might have gone a little out of hand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, things might have gone a little out of hand...

So, I visited a large butcher shop just north of Stockholm (Sweden). They're called "Kötthallen" (the Meat Hall). They have an incredible selection of great cuts, it's not for your weekday shopping. Anyhow they've started working with a Swedish supplier calling their products "MyWagyu".

Is it a branding hype, trying to ride on the good name of Wagyu? Yes.

Is it just as well marbled as the real deal? Hell yeah, coming pretty close.

Anyhow, I went in to get some striploin for this weekend, as I'm meeting up with 5 other guys. And well, I did get what I wanted, but browsing around, I found a few other cuts that caught my eye, and once I got started I couldn't really control myself. So, I went home with quite a few cuts, as illustrated below. It sure put a big dent in my wallet, all in all I paid 500 buckaroos for this. So I really hope the flavor is worth it

We'll see, I'll be grilling the striploin this weekend, looking forward to tasting it. All cuts shown here are MyWagyu, so pretty intense marbling.

Item #1, a spider steak (aranita), 0.5 kilos. Hot 'n fast baby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wagyu_spidersteak.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1127660

Item #2, an Iberico Pork Butt, 1.8 kilos. I'm making pulled pork out of this one.

Name:	Iberico_porkbutt.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1127657

Item #3, Zabuton, 2.7 kilos (part of the chuck). Will make steaks out of this one.

Name:	Wagyu_zabuton.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1127658

Item #4, A full striploin, 4.7 kilos. The star of the show.

Name:	Waguy_striploin.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1127656

This is what it look like trimmed and sliced, 320 gram (11 oz) steaks

Name:	Wagyu_striploin_sliced.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	1127659

Item #5 (not shown, forgot to take a photo): MyWagyu ground beef pucks. Making burgers on Saturday.

Alright, I'm off to winding some duct tape around my wallet now so it can't be opened for some time...

That is some great lookin' beef for sure!

Comment

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      What RonB said!

Wow, I am seriously jealous - both of the availability and the ability to afford all that! Congrats, man!

Comment

The marbling on that strip loin looks amazing. I’m drooling here!

Comment

You scored some awesome strip loins!!! Hey, once in awhile it's nice to splurge....now just make sure to show us the cook on everything when done!!!

Comment

FWIW, Zabuton is Japanese for "seat cushion"
          Last edited by Bkhuna; November 23, 2021, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool, didn’t know that!

I'm pretty sure those steaks will be the stars of the show in my dreams tonight.

Comment

Wow! Looking pretty good to me! Can’t wait to see what you come up with on the cooks!

Comment

I see, you may soon be suffering from "Hand to Mouth" syndrome. I hear it affects "Fork Lift Drivers".
              Du har gjort bra ifrån dig.

Comment

DAMN. That's it. Just DAMN.

Comment

Looks amazing.

Is this the European equivalent to American Wagyu or it is like Akaushi or closer to the traditional Japanese A5?

Comment

• Henrik
                    Henrik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would guess it’s the European equivalent to Am wagyu, yes.

Nice looking hunks of meat!

Comment

Funny....I just don't see any problem here....

Comment

Your friends are...well...dammit, can we all be your friends? What's a plane ticket to Sweden cost for the weekend, anyway?

Comment

• Caffeine88
                        Caffeine88 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And I'm sure that whoever is on the other end of Secret Santa is realllllllllly hoping their gift shows up in a cooler with some dry ice. :-)

I think I need to come over there and "help" you shop

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds like a plan!

• bbqLuv
                        bbqLuv commented
                        Editing a comment
                        To Help him shop?
                        Shopping complete, rather help him eat.

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        bbqLuv I'm thinking there's more meat to buy, he didn't get it all yet

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here