Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heritage Craft Butchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heritage Craft Butchers

All the craft meats and charcuterie you can dream of, available just a stones throw away.

Heritage Craft Butchers offers a butchery clinic, which I will be attending along with other members of the Pittsburgh Whiskey Friends this weekend. The event will be as follows:

"You all arrive at 7pm. We put out a charcuterie board as an appetizer and follow that up with a family-style meal of roasted meats and seasonal vegetables. After you've eaten dinner, we move back into our cutting room where we go over the methodology, techniques, and process by which we break down a pig. It's actually pretty interesting and you are all but assured to have the most unique "what I did this weekend" story at work on Monday morning."

"65 dollars per person. BYOB. These generally run about 3 hours total. we like to think of it as a fun alternative to dinner and a movie."

heritagecraftbutchers.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, heritagecraftbutchers.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Attached Files

Man, I'd pay twice that if only it were closer. That looks extremely cool.

Comment

Looks like a great time.

Comment

That is very cool, enjoy it !!!!

Comment

Wish we had something like that here.

Comment

Very nice. That goat in one of the pics looks excellent. You tried any?

Comment

• Chuck in Charlotte
              Chuck in Charlotte commented
              Editing a comment
              klflowers you might tell the better half that goat is supposed to be the most healthy meat out there, it's very low in fat. Just don't call them kids.

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              klflowers luvthemstillers I have made a Jalisco Goat stew a few times. I think I posted it on here once.

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              ofelles, I remember that post. I am pretty sure that is what got my hankering for some goat started in the first place.

You'll enjoy it. I spent a weekend at an orchard/meadery in Zillah, WA observing a slaughter/butcher by Farmstead Meatsmith. An excellent learning experience. You'll take away a lot, even if you never butcher a pig.

Comment

Looks like my kind of event !

Comment

Ditto on all comments. Fortunate you are.

Comment

Would be fascinating. Envious. Enjoy!

Comment

I had a great night at Heritage Craft Butchers last night. We started with some charcuterie, then a dinner of mushroom stuffed porchetta, bourbon cream mashed potatoes and maple bourbon glazed brussel sprouts. Then we moved on to the live butchery clinic, breaking down 1/2 a pig into all its cuts. Very interesting demonstration, chock full of interesting facts, tales, and fun anecdotes.
                    Oh, and there was much sharing of whiskey too! There was a 2018 Thomas H.Handy Rye from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, Wild Turkey Master’s Keep Cornerstone Rye, Octomore 9.1 & 9.3, and Ardbeg Traigh Bhan. There was also Little Book 1 & 3, Maker’s 101, Weller Full Proof, Parker’s Heritage Heavy Char Rye, 1978 WT 101, Stagg Jr, and Old Granddad 114. Great night with great people sharing whiskey & food, can’t ask for much more than that... cheers! 🥃
                    PS: if you haven’t been to Heritage, you owe it to yourself to get there, seriously, you deserve it... and don’t forget to tell them Pittsburgh Whiskey Friends sent you
                    Attached Files

Comment

Butchery Clinic
                      Attached Files

Comment

Each person in attendance received a complimentary pork chop as part of their attendance fee. I cooked mine up for dinner tonight. I used Meat Church Honey Hog rub with a bit of yellow mustard as a binder. I reverse seared it on my Traeger with hickory pellets. It came out incredible. Best pork chop I've ever had.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here