Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Arrow Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Arrow Ranch

Anybody ordered from them? Thoughts? The MIL sent us a sausage kit followed by some frozen meats we don't know what to do with. Don't currently have a grinder and have no idea what to do with these meats. Suggestions please?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201216_034340882.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	956787

Why would you need a grinder?

The site itself has tons of recipes - https://brokenarrowranch.com/blogs/recipes. I'd look over the list and see what intrigues you. Or... need my address?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting rickgregory I use the plastic one but all I seem to read everywhere is that it's junk and to get the metal one. I don't think the plastic one is junk (but I'm not a hardcore meat grinder either) and this makes me feel better.

• Rod
      Rod commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory Thanks for the tip. Not sure if I would use a grinder much. I have been wanting to experiment with burgers though. So if the plastic one isn't super good quality it probably wouldn't get used a lot anyway.

It's weird that the one you are looking at is not dishwasher safe. I wonder why? It's metal.
      Last edited by Rod; December 16, 2020, 11:46 AM.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Rod
      The metal you refer to is probably not stainless steel. The same caveat goes for their metal mixers, such as the dough hook and paddle. Apparently, they have a coating which is dissolved by detergents used in dishwashers.

I have bought a fair amount of boar shoulder from them and bone in leg from them. Good stuff. Leaner than pork. Marinate and smoke or roast.
    Last edited by ofelles; December 16, 2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Let us know how that quail is. That is something I have been thinking about trying.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here