Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet retailers I recommend. Add yours!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I only noticed the headline, not the topic. My mom used to say reading is required, guess that still applies. Sorry about kind of hijacking the thread

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Naw, it’s okay. Six years from now nobody will care. (That attitude gets me through life.)

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      ..., ..., ...!

I was talking to my son about this topic. He swears by a vendor called Meat Artisan. I have never tried them myself, have had their meat at his house. It was excellent.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Checked the website, they have nice stuff.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      In the last year I've ordered from Meat Artisan. Quality is exceptional.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DD9038FB-174B-41EE-8930-EA8D933547FA.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	953395 I need to give a shout out to A bar N Ranch. I learned of these folks from a post by Troutman a while ago. I bought a load of stuff from them a few months ago and did these boneless ribeyes tonight. They were huge! About 1.2 lbs each. Simply amazing. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product so sorry about that. Like butter. So good. Try them. Everything I have tried from them has been terrific.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm very pleased with their American Wagyu. Just did another one of their briskets and it was a little bit of a disappointment, tons of fat, but the one before that was easily the best brisket I've ever purchased, including SRF. I agree, give them a try.

This is some great stuff here. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Not BBQ, but D’Artagnan (https://www.dartagnan.com) ..... great premium foods for gourmet enthusiasts, especially French foods.

Totally agree with Snake River, Creekstone, and Rancho Gordo as well.

If your butcher happens to source from Painted Hills, you can’t go wrong with that either. You can order from them online, but I never have since my local butcher carries it. https://natural-beef.com

Most recent delivery from Creekstone .... supposedly a 12 lb Prime brisket, although it’s more like 18 lbs
      Click image for larger version

Name:	B8DA5973-40E9-49B1-A2E6-8D9875DE1C60.jpeg
Views:	302
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	953433
      Last edited by ecowper; December 9, 2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        D’Artagnan has a good deal on whole tenderloins right now.

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on D’artagnan. Great food but a bit pricey. Customer service is over-the-top.

My Porter Road order arrived perfectly. Everything was fresh so not frozen. Weights were as expected or better.

3 pounds large skirt steak
      4 hot dogs
      2 Denver steaks
      2 Merlot steaks
      2 Flat Iron steaks
      2 Sierra steaks
      1 pigskit

Not bad I guess for $153 shipped with 15% coupon. Or $3 after early Christmas gift cards ( thanks mom) We will try the Merlots this weekend I hope.

I’d include pics but this seems pretty routine.
      Last edited by STEbbq; November 11, 2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I’ve ordered from Broken Arrow Ranch and the quality of their game meat was pretty solid.

I cannot recommend Crowd Cow after the condition of the chicken I order from them - both legs and both thighs, the bones were shattered and they were inedible because of that.

For equipment, Thermoworks, SnS Grills, and FireBoard have all been solid, with good quality, on time delivery, and good customer service.

Sitka Salmon Shares wasn’t mentioned, but they are fantastic. The one time I had an issue (box arrived completely thawed due to UPS), they sent me a new order immediately.

As others have mentioned, Creekstone and SRF are really good online butchers.

I like Spice Jungle for high quality spices and hard to get stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zero_credit View Post
          My Porter Road order arrived perfectly. Everything was fresh so not frozen. Weights were as expected or better.

[snip]

Not bad I guess for $153 shipped with 15% coupon. Or $3 after early Christmas gift cards ( thanks mom) We will try the Merlots this weekend I hope.
          Our first PR order is due to arrive Friday. I was about to give them a try anyway when a 20% off coupon arrived in the snail mail box, so that was timely. Getting 2 bone-in ribeyes, a pound of chorizo sausage, a few 4-packs of their hot dogs, couple pounds of their 50/50 ground beef/bacon mix, a pigsket, and a couple pieces of pork short ribs (hadn't seen those last two before). Bottom line was a few cents under US$129. Seems like a pretty decent deal...

Comment

I see A bar N is sold out. Has anyone had C5 Ranch Click Akaushi, what's your experience? I've been using Wildfork, had a few hiccups, but they have always quickly taken care of problems. I also like paying a price per pound, instead of a flat price per piece, especially when the size varies between several pieces of the same item.

Comment

wrgilb ,

Lots of good experiences with Click here. Speaking for myself, the meats arrived perfectly frozen, but underweight. Click sent me a surprise order of a second teres major and bavette for free, so definitely some great customer service. I plan to order from them again at some point, and probably will get another brisket and some chuck beef ribs, as well as some of the teres major/bavette if we like it.

Thanks to Troutman 's active support and informative posts, I bought some Akaushi beef. With Costco prices for prime near $100 bucks, it seemed like a good investment, especially as I did not have any briskets in the freezer. In other words, same boat as ecowper 's recent SRF order. I ran some quick math, and SRF pricing was

So, I had a little surprise yesterday when a package showed up on my porch. It was my order from Click Akaushi Beef. Yes, the same order that also showed up last week. I checked my credit card, and the Click website and there was only one order, and one charge to my credit card. I reached out to Click via there website, and in

Since I introduced Akaushi beef here in the Pit, I thought I’d report on my overall impression of the meat now that I’ve cooked some. For those who may have missed my post, Akaushi is a type of Japanese cow (Wagyu) that is smaller in stature, brown in color and the most prized among the Japanese breeds. The famous Kobe

Brisket cook pics:

Another brisket cook:

Comment

Port Orford Sustainable Seafood if you are in Western Oregon: Portland, Salem, Corvallis, Eugene, Roseburg, Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, Jacksonville, Cave Junction, Coos Bay, and Port Orford.

Also, anyone can buy their shelf stable, 6oz Albacore Tuna pouches online and have them delivered to the front door via USPS.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here