Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone, the reverse problem from @Rod . What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    That's good to know. My intent now is to wait until the holiday, then cut it into two roasts and serve one Christmas and one New Years Day. That way I don't have to refreeze it, even thought it is probably okay.

The only vendor I've never had an issue with is SRF. Every one has stepped up, that's not the point; my thought is that the amount allowed for CSI adjustment in that industry must be outrageous.

• Pobeque
    replied
    I bought a boneless prime rib from them back in May and had the same issue, it was fully frozen when it arrived (better than thawed and warm tbh). I left it in the fridge for a day or so until it started to thaw. I was able to portion it out into about 12 steaks while it was still slightly frozen in the center. Vac sealed the steaks individually and refroze. I ate the end portions first as they had thawed all the way through. I'm down to 2 steaks and they've been great. I'd have no issue ordering again and doing the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll just wait for the invite. 😀 I’ll get the dishes and a side dish.

• Mosca
    replied
    Resolution:

8 1lb ribeyes are $199. I’m giving them $50 and they are sending me the ribeyes. Krista originally offered me 50% refund, but this way I get the steaks I wanted. And it is probably better for them.

Fair and equitable, I believe. I am a happy customer.

I’ll say it again: the beef looks absolutely superb.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Red Man - I think they all closed here. But I'll check, thanks!

PS: Ooh there's one in Woodinville. Road trip!!
    Last edited by rickgregory; October 4, 2020, 07:52 PM.

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Mosca, I was going to recommend calling them. I am sure they will want to do something to keep a customer. I have used them a couple of times and though I never had a problem, their customer service seems to be pretty good.

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    I like this idea. But I’ll call instead of emailing. Emails like that can get ignored.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Hailuvva nice lookin steak, Never see that, hereabouts, at th grocery stores...

• Red Man
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory Do you have a Haggen near you? The ones in Bellingham sell Double R ranch as their "Haggen Beef" brand and they also have SRF American wagyu. I know there used to be a Haggen in Edmonds but I think it closed.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    I'm jealous. I can get things like that but I need to find real butchers. Not a store.

• Huskee
    replied
    I would just email them and explain then send a pic of the frozen roast and say that you ordered it because it said it was fresh and could be portioned and frozen. See what they offer. If they offer a partial refund, full refund, or another shipment, well that's business. And that'll be the topic of their next Monday morning staff meeting- making sure orders are fulfilled properly.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Originally posted by rickgregory
    Wild that they'd offer that.

I'd partially thaw, divide, seal and refreeze. I'd also contact them and ask them to refund the next day shipping amount.

PS: I doubt your supermarket has meat that good. I mean, heck, if they do... why ever order online? I'm not being snarky here - to me online has to offer something I can't get locally or like you say, why bother?
    14-16lbs of Angus prime for $284 is $20-22/lb after shipping. Similar from Wegman’s is at least $30/lb.

I can get really good meat there. Just gotta pay. I got this steak at Wegman’s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6BFE9B1-6D7D-4B06-9026-78D2270D5455.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	919454

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Not at all purty, but I've seen it done, an can sincerely testify to th fact that it actually works lol...
    Thank God I'm a Country Boy!

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    My Dad sometimes used a hack saw to cut frozen meat. You might try that.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here