Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now my shipment is scheduled for Tuesday. If it actually arrives then that will be 6 days in transit. Doesn't look good.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry it is looking so bad Rod. I am sure they will make it right.

Just now received 4 pork butts from them. 3 days as promised and plenty cold. Sorry you're having so much grief Rod

Comment

Well they actually showed up today. I've asked for a refund.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200503_150314.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	841371

Comment

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        That sucks.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. That Sucks. It shouldn't haveta be like this. AZ 100° this time of year is a no freakin brainer. Pack/ship accordingly, not 6 days transit, fer example.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        That is pretty bad. I am sure they will make it right though.

So I got an email from creekstone a couple hours after I physically received the replacement order today. It said my order was out for delivery and was expected to be delivered tomorrow. They are absolutely clueless!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds to me like the delivery company just happened to beat their automated email system to the punch, this is a good thing, no?

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I am so very sorry that it has been such a long, ongoin process/fight fer ya....

I've never had less than stellar results from Creekstone, but, I only live mebbe 150 mi. away.

Distance don't really matter: If stuff's proper frozen, packed in some dry ice, shipped in a properly expeditious fashion, ain't no way in Hail it should git to yer house, spoiled, sez I.

Ain't zackly Rocket Science, involved, to make this happen successsfully...

(Multiple Expletives Deleted)

I've noticed that some delivery companies have been better than others lately both in terms of delivering on-time & updating their tracking. I suspect that the delivery company is the entity that is making Creekstone appear clueless.

My recent Creekstone order shipped via Fedex. For some stupid reason, the Fedex representative put my box behind my truck which was parked in front of my garage instead of leaving it on my front porch. The box had been sitting there overnight before I discovered it the next day when Fedex finally updated the tracking to show it as delivered. I was panicking because I couldn't find the box. Since we're sheltering in place, I haven't been going out through my garage as often so I was shocked when I discovered it there. Just sharing my experience because the delivery company might be more at fault for your problems than Creekstone.

Comment

By the looks of things the delivery companies are pushed to the edge also. Agree with Huskee & kenrobin. Hope the meat was ok! ✌️

Comment

I get that the current environment can cause delays in delivery. However, don't advertise something ships frozen in 3 days, then arrives completely thawed and way above safe temps. Then, replace the order by taking 5 days and arriving in the same condition. All the while I'm emailing them to emphasize the weather conditions here.

I ordered on 4/28. Got email notification from Fedex it would be delivered on 5/1.
          On 5/1 I checked the status and the delivery date changed to 5/2.
          On 5/2 I again checked the status and it then said 5/5.
          On 5/3 the order was delivered. A couple hours later, I get an email from Creekstone that my order was out for delivery and will arrive by 5/4.

So I don't know who is to blame. I just know I have tossed about 60lbs of meat. If they can't get a shipment to my area safely, then just say that. Especially if it's a replacement that ends up taking twice as long. If it's a Fedex issue, then more should have been done by Creekstone's "customer service".

I've placed two orders (this one and one last year) with Creekstone. I've received 4 total deliveries with only one being usable. I'm done.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Hate to hear it man, but there are a bunch of others out there. I have used Porter Road, and their product was stellar. Got a lamb neck, some excellent ox tail, a good rack of ribs and a tri tip that is still in the freezer from them.

• Deaf Arty
            Deaf Arty commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm always leery of anything being shipped by FedEx. I've had many, many problems with their whole process. Nonetheless, Seems like Creekstone would question their delivery choice, like you implied. Sorry to hear of your ongoing battle.

I'm a little nervous for my first Creekstone order. I ordered the tri tips they had on sale last week, I didn't expect to get them until this week, but it said I should be in the 1 day delivery area even for free shipping. Monday morning I get the notice they are shipped to be delivered Tuesday. Check the tracking a couple times during the day Tuesday and it's showing only as a label created, so knew I wasn't likely getting it as initially advertised. Last night, I get a notice that it's picked up and will be delivered today. Double check this morning, and now it's sitting in KC and the delivery date has been changed yet again until tomorrow.

So, the question big question is, was it packed up on Monday morning when they notified me it shipped or was it really boxed up sometime late yesterday before it actually hit FedEx? If it was Monday morning, I'm a little worried about Monday to Thursday in the summer heat for a bunch of meat. If it was boxed up when the notice came where was it just sitting for almost 36 hours? E-mail from Creekstone 11:32 AM Monday, first scan at FedEx 9:32 PM Tuesday.

Hopefully, their system just sends the notice when they push the orders down to the shipping department or something and they didn't pack it until Tuesday afternoon. I'm just paranoid when dropping Creekstone, SRF, and Porter Road prices on shipped beef. Hope the others that jumped on the sale get theirs in good condition as well.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Even though I have been critical of Creekstone in the past it seems their customer service has been good. All of the online retailers seem to have good marks on "Making things right" in the event of an error. I Personally had a good experience with them. I was critical elsewhere with them. I wouldn’t worry even if it is caddywhompss. Disappointing for sure but they’ll make it right.

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            Your only worry is with Fedex. Creekstone creates the label before actual packing of the meat. I just had a $400 order from them that Fedex sat on for 24 hours in Wichita and then another 24 hours in Kentucky for some reason. It arrived overtemp. Contacted them with a photo and the very same day they resent the order overnighted to me. Even then Fedex was one day late delivering but the meat was fine. I even got a call from a manager making sure everything was OK
            Last edited by Donw; July 22, 2020, 10:00 AM. Reason: Autocorrect

• Rod
            Rod commented
            Editing a comment
            Donw I wish they would have done that for me. They sent my replacement order the same exact way and it took LONGER with the same results.

Everything showed up safe and sound this afternoon. 6 ice packs and all the Tri-Tips still frozen solid and <30 degrees on the surface via IR thermometer. Somehow I got 7 Tri-Tips, so I'm not sure if it was a miscount, new customer bonus or an extra because one looks a little weird the way it was frozen all bent up. Pretty impressed so far and hope they taste as good as they look when they're cooked up. Threw one in the fridge to thaw for a SmokeFire reverse sear this weekend.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad it worked out. I had a tri tip from them that was excellent, haven’t been able to get another recently. Either they are sold out or I am broke. Edit, actually the tri tip was from Porter Road. Got the spare ribs from Creekstone.
            Last edited by klflowers; July 23, 2020, 03:35 PM. Reason: Mistake on the vendor

• Hulagn1971
            Hulagn1971 commented
            Editing a comment
            glitchy my order arrived today as well. A pack of 3 tri-tips. Shipped Tuesday and I was a bit concerned because of the temps lately. Opened the box and they were frozen solid. 4 large freezer/cooler pack in it too, they were frozen.

On Saturday the 26th I received my flank steak special order (3-2# steaks) from Creekstone. 5 days to get a 3 day shipment and when I temped it was at 45 degrees but I still put it in the freezer.
          Emailed Creekstone telling them of the situation and that a number of Pitmaster members in the past, including myself, have commented on this problem. I suggested that with the shipping companies experiencing so many delays that perhaps an extra bag of ice would be a whole lot cheaper than having to replace the product.

Didn’t expect anything else.
          To my surprise this morning I got an email that I had a shipment from Creekstone on the way. Very refreshing to have a company respond quickly and give me a replacement order without asking for it. Life is still good
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

I ordered more SRF last week during their anniversary sale. This time from them, it actually had dry ice and my IR registered -35 to -40. Think it's safe?

Anyway, it was only the second time I've gotten dry ice from any of the online orders I've placed. Creekstone, SRF, Porter Road and Butcher Box. I don't remember the other one though, seems like it might have been Butcher Box. I don't know why they don't use it more and or put more ice in like ofelles suggested. I know it putting in additional packs adds to the shipping cost, but sure is cheaper than replacing product.

Comment

• JoeSousa
              JoeSousa commented
              Editing a comment
              I have noticed a few more recent shipments from different places only had regular ice packs and not dry ice. Porter Road has never used dry ice for me and all their orders have arrived in great shape.

I got one shipment from SRF that had more of a felt like insulated box and stuff came thawed (and the shipment was a couple days late). The replacement had the green cell foam and that one was perfect.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here