Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone ribeyes, not impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creekstone ribeyes, not impressed

I bought two $60 4-packs a few weeks ago when they had their 50% off sale on Prime ribeyes. Gotta say, I'm not too impressed this time.

Here's what I got. They say 12oz, and maybe most are but one's not. They're very thin, and one is miserably thin. My kitchen scale is not working so I can't weigh them to be sure. You can see from the pic that this plate full of steaks isn't all that impressive. The thick ones are barely 1". Not happy that this cost me $60, and there's NO WAY this is worth $120 regular priced.

What do y'all think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG3519.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	776081Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG3518.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	776080

I think screw that, send them back. This is why I've begun to shy away from almost all online stores, you're at their mercy and never know what you're gonna get. Sorry to see that happen Huskee.

And as a side note, being the head kahuna around here, I'd make it a point to let them know your disatisfaction and that of 16,000 others. That may rock their boat a little.

Comment

That looks like a Hot Mess!
      I have purchased steaks from Snake River and Kansas City Steak and they are good but I will cook you a choice ribeye I get at Sam's and it will be better than any you can get. I now just get my big briskets, tri tip and prime rib boast from SRF and use Sam's for steaks.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would be pissed too. They hardly look like Choice, let alone Prime. A thick band of fat and way too thin. I agree with Troutman, calling them and let them know who you are and that you are disappointed.

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          * Huskee Make sure to tell them you know Troutman too...

I’m pretty much done with buying meat on line. What with it being frozen, and costing more, and then taking up freezer space, I’d just as soon buy locally.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never brought meat online but I agree, I'm a tactile buyer, I have to see it and touch it to buy it.
          Goes against most things these days, guess I'm just showing my age.

Huskee just to throw some salt on your wound I paid $60 for this 16.5lb Kobe brisket. You can always confront them on instagram.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is the same experience I had with Creekstone when buying ribeyes during the sales. I agree with cliffdw1 that the steaks at Sam’s club are heads above, and cheaper, than Creekstone.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. I've always been more than pleased with Sam's wonderful steaks. And their brisket. Just trimmed & salted one of their briskets today to cook Saturday.

Thanks all, I'm glad I wasn't just being picky. I'm glad others think like me in this regard.

They grilled up fine and were VERY tasty, very tasty indeed. Zero complaints on their flavor. The thin one though was surely not Prime, it was very gristly, it was like a bargain bin steak. The others were quite nice just small at 12oz. I just don't feel I got my money's worth, even at the 50% discount. They were most definitely not $15 ea. steaks and SURELY not $30 steaks. I hate to use the 'who I am' thing to get customer service but I suppose if I get no where emailing them maybe I will.

One time I had to email SRF about a very poorly screened order and they sent me a replacement, which was the same but at least they tried. (I hate to be the complaining type though) Let's see what Creekstone will do...

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I say just use your AR account with your title block. Don't say anything about who you are. If they have any kind of snap at all they'll get it. Dang son, man up and go get you some free meat !!!

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            So, who is this Huskee guy anyway. He can't spell very well!

They say that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but I've had pretty good luck with the vinegar. My practice is polite but firm. If I were you I wouldn't be afraid to let them know that you have some influence. It's no different than people on social media.

Comment

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen. I had an issue with Blue Cross once and was getting the run around with their customer service. Had one of my kids post a complaint on their Facebook page and within a half hour had a direct number to a special caseworker who corrected the issue in minutes. I don’t do social media but am glad I know people who do! I was amazed at how fast companies respond to complaints on social media.

If you recall when this deal came up I bought the same 8 steaks you did. My first one was I think a bit tough with good flavor.

the second one was AMAZING all the way around. All were surly at 12oz and equally thick. A satisfactory 12oz cut for sure. Very uniform.

i have two left. I gave the other box of 4 to my dad who has cooked two, one for him and my mom. He said his was slightly tough but my mom used only a fork.

i also stated in your original posts that I have had TREMENDOUS, Great meat from Sams and have not been back to Costco. Still holds true.

im pretty certain I will not be buying from creekstone again but I do have two steaks left.

the jury is still out with me.

don’t even get me started about SRF. I’ve done 16 of their whole tenderloins since yesterday and will do about another 20 thru Saturday night. I have 66 ribeyes for tomorrow, not sure if their SRF though. Lots of black boxes for me. Love them!!

im sorry about your steaks, they look real sad. Mine did not.

you are right though. Great flavor.
          Last edited by HouseHomey; December 5, 2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I sent them a polite email last night, with pictures as proof, to which they responded first thing this morning. They are sending me a replacement shipment. I'm not sure if it's a replacement box of 4 or a single steak, it didn't specify. I'd be plenty happy with a single steak TBH. So far their CS is wonderful. Let's hope this was just an anomaly.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              I work with Creekstone, and on the rendering side of things, they are first class people to work with.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I work FOR Creekstone and for your pain and suffering MR. Huskee, we’re sending you an entire Wagyu cow direct from the Kobe Prefecture. We extend our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family.

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              I sent 7 emails to Creekstone saying I am Huskee and y"all have emaciated thin steaks. Hopefully they send me 7 packs of steaks!!! (Just kidding)

You got wobbed, nuff said.
            Disappointed in Creekstone. Call em up & let them know. See if they make it right.
            Now that I’m up to date in reading, we shall see. Pics at a eleven.
            Last edited by FireMan; December 6, 2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m beginning to think they legalized it in Wisconsin

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here