Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Road - First shipment experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter Road - First shipment experience

I took advantage of the shipping discount to order some different cuts. My observations so far:

The pork- The chops, sausages, and bacon have a nice amount of fat that render down very clean. My only problem was with the "maple flavored" breakfast links. Let me preface this by saying I'm from the deep south. I didn't have any Vermont/Canadian maple syrup until I was in my 30's. I really don't care for anything "maple flavored". That being said, the breakfast sausage really didn't have a maple flavor, but, the predominate taste was of ginger powder. Yuck. Overpowering. Strike the breakfast sausage off my list. The chops were out of this world. Nice and fatty like good pork should be.

The beef- bought some Denver steaks, a cut that I've never seen before. Grilled indirect to 115°F over oak coals and then did a reverse sear. Final internal temp was 123°F. Great flavor. Very tender and juicy. Haven't tried the shanks yet. Going to make Osso Bucco, although I've never made it with anything other than veal. The shanks were nice and meaty although they were cut a bit thin for my liking. Maybe that's good because veal is much more tender so beef may need to be thinner to achieve the same level of tenderness.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my order and will undoubtedly order some more pork.

Oh no! Someone else discovers Porter Road pork. I was hoping no one else discovered that to avoid their dreaded waiting lists when they run out🙂. Actually, they have some really good pork at reasonable prices for online vendors. I also agree on the sausages. Better than some places but still not quite right yet.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      But they are large and meaty, just weird flavored IMHO.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here