Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crowd Cow customer service and shipping issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowd Cow customer service and shipping issues

I was suppose to receive a shipment yesterday from Crowd Cow (CC). I looked for the delivery and to my disappointment, the status was still in pre-shipment (i.e., shipping label printed). I contacted CC via text -- their phone number directs you to send a text -- and no response. I followed up with an email which has not been responded to either. I'm a bit irritated and actually tried to post something on their FB page, and of course, an administrator is reviewing it. So I'm hopeful upon review, someone will reach out to me. Probably a high hope there as I imagine the person curating FB has nothing to do with why they can't ship a product on time. Maybe they communicate to each other, though.

I paid for this meat on September 15th. If they had issues with processing the cow, etc., a message would have went a long way to that effect. I understand things can happen.

I've had other issues before with them. Once they shipped a box and it busted. They were quick, though, to resolve the situation and issued me a credit.

Anyone else have issues with CC as of late with receiving shipments and getting a little customer service? They are messing with my meat, a waygu brisket flat to be more specific! That was supposed to go in my belly tomorrow.
    Last edited by MoCollards; September 29, 2018, 02:47 PM.

Sorry to hear of this. I have heard of some receiving thawed meat, which was replaced of course, leading me to believe their customer service was good in handling errors. I haven't heard of this issue before. I'm quite sure this is an unfortunate anomaly, but that doesn't help if you had a brisket cook planned for tomorrow. So sorry!

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries. I imagine this will get sorted out eventually. Just seeing if others have had similar problems or if this indeed an outlier situation. Seems like that is the case, which is a good thing.

Hopefully you have access to a store or butcher shop that sells brisket, even if it is not waygu, al least you could get a brisket cooked.

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I can pick something else up to go with the flow if I so choose. So no big worries, just more of a frustration.

They shipped be a brisket flat when I bought a point. They refunded me the point and didn’t charge me for the flat. Free pastrami!

My main issue with them is packaging. The shipment has never been a problem, but the poultry bags are dumb and leak when thawing. The beef and pork bags are solid bags, but occasionally leaky and almost never pulled with a solid vacuum.

Ive departed the crowd as they’ve been non-responsive on the packaging issue. It’s a shame, as I have a couple farms/ranches that produce really great meat.

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      I observed a few of these packaging issues as well. They do carry great meat, though, but I see the cost-benefit analysis weighing on "no" here. Depending on how they resolve this situation might shift my future purchases as well.

• BriggsBBQ
      BriggsBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had two situations. Both delayed 1 day. One had a ton of dry ice, no issue. The other less and meat was partially thawed but I felt it was so partial that I could refreeze. I think CC might not be shipping the stuff and do not control that aspect of things.

I just received a shipment of pork from them this week and wrote them at [email protected] about the packaging. What I wrote was an observation to them and not a complaint. I just wanted to let them know about the problem but that the meat was not damaged. Several of the packages had tears and holes.

I received a response in about hour. It was probably a canned response, but they did respond.

The shipping delay to you is strange though. Their east coast distribution center is in Lancaster PA, quite close to you. I live just about 90 miles north of you and have never had a late or delayed shipment, but I know people in the southwest have had problems.

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      It is quite odd and I've ordered from them a few other times. Every time I order, they state the initial receive date as Thursday but always change it to Friday. At any rate, I paid no mind this time and didn't bother to check until yesterday (Friday). It hasn't shipped at all, leading me to thinking something significant is wrong.

My bags all come with no vacuum.

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had some show up this way, too.

I have ordered a handful of times from CC. I have also emailed with questions and it took a day to get a response. But they were alwayshelpful.

Like others though, I’ve noticed the leaking as I was thawing the chicken. I don’t recall this being an issue with beef

also, did the cow tip? At least in your order? Hopefully they get back to you soon. The product has been pretty good, and I’ve continued to order - just received an order on Thursday.

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm assuming the cow tipped as they charged my card and issued a label for the shipment. But nothing has happened since the label was created on Wednesday. But maybe they jumped ahead of themselves and are delaying the shipment. This is where a notification would be nice.

Just a quick update:

So after sending a few more texts and finding a place to raise issues on FB, someone called me this evening. Apparently the east coast distribution center was "overwhelmed" with orders last week and couldn't get their shipments out on time. I told them a message to that effect would have been nice and really should be standard for such a situation. The only thing I was offered was to have it shipped this week or a full refund. I have opted for a full refund.

On that note, of course someone is answering text messages now. I am being informed that it will be delivered Oct 5th, then another message saying it will be delivered Oct 11th. This is all after I've cancelled my order on the phone with the dude from Seattle. Needless to say, I'm never ordering from them again. Hopefully I get my money back without having to dispute.
    Last edited by MoCollards; October 10, 2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I think they're in over their heads. My issue was with thawing prior to arrival (meat temp on arrival was 60°F twice in a row)--it took them three times to get me frozen product. They did finally get it right--and I was treated fairly re the charges--but I likely won't order from them again. More business for Costco!

Comment

• MoCollards
        MoCollards commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, Willy. I don't think I'll order from them again. Kind of sad because some of the meat is really good. Maybe I will try them again in a year or so to see if they've ironed out whatever issues they are having.

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Willy I agree and I have found a couple local Waygu places for the specialty stuff. I tried it and my experience was ahhh ok. I have also ordered from SRF and they are legit.

As a quick update, I have taken this to social media. On any post on Facebook, twitter, or where ever, that they put up about buying something, I ask if they've fixed the bagging issue. I want them to fix it, because I like the meat and love the concept. And it seems so simple.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree on the concept. It allows some real specialty meat to be at your door. But if it is thawed or leaking no Bueno.

Funny but I just had the exact opposite experience. Ordered a Tri-tip with a flatiron kicker. The Tri-tip was really small and the flatiron was cut into these little rectangles about 3x5”. Was throughly disappointed in the overall quality to price point ratio.

As to shipping, good packaging, nice boxed styrofoam cooler. There was still a bit of dry ice and meat frozen solid. I gave them an A for shipping and an F for the product.

I’m stearing clear of ordering meat I can’t see or touch, it goes against my grain.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        How was the vac seal on the bags?

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect vac seals. Like I said the packaging and shipping were impeccable this time, the product was what sucked. I'm not using CC any longer, too much good meat locally.

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that you mention it they sold a huge ribeye to me that is really a roast. Was 2 lb but small surface area and really thick.

I've order from Crowd Cow several times and have only had one issue with one pack of ground beef (a small portion of my order) that was quickly refunded. My experience has definitely been positive, but reading the issues people in the pit have had makes me a little skeptical to continue using them. My first ever order from them was from a farm about 2 hours from me. Maybe I can just buy directly from them and cut out the middleman.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I think there business model is convenience, so you don't need to search out suppliers and arrange the cutting, delivery etc. But if you know someone local, it makes sense to do it yourself. I can see the advantages of each approach, and that it depends on your own situation. I've bought a lot beef sides and pigs.

They are good about sending me an email almost everyday to order more meat. LOL

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Seriously, if they reached out and touched me anymore, <insert your own creepy joke>.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here