Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu Beef Retailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy mine from FRESH by Brookshires, recently a local gourmet store, Sweet Gourmet, started carrying texasbeefhouse.com Ill report back once I have tried their stuff.

Comment

We have a Member Reviews > Internet Meat Retailers channel, so I moved this thread there. Also have one for Big Box Stores FYI, in case you have anything to share about Costco, Sam's etc...

Comment

Speaking of Sam's I was in our local one Sunday morning not shopping but a little work visit. I was rummaging through their brisket pile when I ran across one marked USDA Prime. First prime packer brisket I have ever laid eyes on at $3.18 a lb.
        I don't know what inspector graded that and decided it was prime and slapped a sticker on it but he should wait until he gets home to start drinking. Looked awful!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          They actually grade the rib primal, and each piece on that carcass gets the badge of whatever grade the rib primal gets. Sometimes you can't tell on certain cuts until you start digging in and trimming them. At $3.18/lb that's a great price even if it was Choice, at least to me!

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee it was a good price and my heart actually fluttered a bit when I seen it was prime and at that price! But after closer inspection I passed. Wasn't even shaped like a regular brisket it looked like more of a clod. The deckel was huge! I have a choice brisket in the freezer from SRF that looks 10 times better.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah you gotta wonder about odd shaped ones. I've see a couple before and I too passed. Maybe it was training day at the processing plant . I've never had a Choice brisket I didn't like, Select yes but Choice is mighty fine by me too!

Creekstone Farms has a 10% discount for KCBS members! I love their prime brisket. I've cooked lots of Snake River briskets too and Flora Butcher waygu. I'm doing Creekstone briskets this year because the waygu muscle texture is so different with a waygu brisket. Looser somehow, if that makes sense. I have no problem cooking those half flats from Walmart either! Wet aged in the meat drawer for a month or so, it makes for a very fine slice of beef.
        Last edited by CandySueQ; February 20, 2018, 08:25 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I get Creekstone Farms through a local food service company when I buy by the case for an event or something. They have always been choice and I've never been disappointed in one of them. If I asked I might be able to get CSF prime from them.
          I get CSF tri tips through them as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here