Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting new way to buy beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting new way to buy beef?

I saw an articlde on this today. I haven't had a chance to look into pricing yet, but it looks kind of interesting: https://www.crowdcow.com/e/eb820a924...-finished-beef

WHAT??? NO TRI-TIP??? Blasphemy.... Give it a try and let us know

Comment

• jacmac422
      jacmac422 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't pay $15.00 a lb even if they did have it in stock. it seams convenient but with with Costco at $5.99lb for Tri-Tip and $2.99 for prime brisket this would be hard for me to use

You're right...it is an interesting concept and one I never heard of. Thinking about placing an order. Thanks for letting the Club know and sharing the link!!!

Comment

Actually it's been mentioned here before, try a search.

Has anyone ever purchased any beef from CrowdCow.com ? Were you happy with the purchase was the flavor of the beef any good the reason I'm asking is I don't

What the heck, I did it for you.

Comment

Did check the previous posts and now even more interested. Once I make room in my freezer by grilling the 6 huge strips I purchased from Stew Leonards during their big sale, I will certainly give Crowd Cow a try! Thanks all!

Comment

It looked intersting to me so I purchased several shares of a cow in PA but the order won't be here till about the 19th of October. I will let you know what happens.

Comment

Yes, it does look interesting. Expensive compared to going to the source and buying in bulk, but a lot of people don't have that option. And they do seem to have a wonderful variety of suppliers, and are doing the logistics for you.

Comment

The beef is good quality.

Comment

I signed up but seems way too expensive to be routinely practical.

Comment

I said I would report when my order arrived. It came in a well insulated box with a little over 15 lbs of dry ice inside. (I weighed.) Everything remained nice and frozen, and in heavy duty sous vide ready packs. I ordered some roasts and tenderlion steaks and they look well butchered and trimmed. Some photos:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0532.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	397835Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0533.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	397836

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let us know what think about the quality. Thanks for sharing.

It’s always fun to have quality meat just sitting in the freezer as you plan the cook! Have fun. My Crowd Cow orders have been delicious.

Comment

Please keep us updated

Comment

What would be better though, non-frozen, non grass fed or frozen, grass fed?

Comment

We have access to some really good beef here so this is not as attractive to me but out of curiosity I logged in to check it out and everything was sold out. Reading further I guess you have to get in line for the next cow. My only thought was what kind of conversations are the poor cows having about who's next?

Comment

I ordered some tongue (made sous vide tacos de lengua) and some heart (still to be cooked, since I went out of town) from Crowd Cow last month. They threw in a nice note and a shirt since I was among their first DC-area customers. The tongue was great. I'll likely order from them occasionally, for interesting cuts I can't readily get.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here