Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 lb SRF briskets, won't fit in the freezer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 lb SRF briskets, won't fit in the freezer!

From the big sale, a pair of 16-18 pounders. I finally struck on the high side of the range, one is 16.9 lbs and the other is 17.5 lbs! Big problem, though, the side-by-side fridge. Door won't close. Solution: remove a shelf and stand 'em upright!

Always better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. And, a great excuse to pick up a freezer on Black Friday. Of course then the brisket isn't such a deal then, but hey: freezer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	243016

I'd wet-age the ever-living crap out of one of them dudes.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      This time of year I'm not sure when I'll get to them. Right now the plan is to do one of them on Dec 17th, the week before Christmas. But there's no accounting for what the weather might be like that weekend. It could be 60*, or we could be smack in the middle of a foot of snow coming down.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking of getting a fancy mail order brisket. Jerod, how long can you wet age a brisket?

Didn't someone say "a brisket in every freezer" and a "chicken in every PBC"?

Comment

An alternate solution to your storage problem would be to smoke those bad boys!

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Another solution would be to send one of those bad boys to me. Ha. BTW I don't think we're all that far apart. I know you said you're in North east PA. I'm in the lower hudson valley NY. About 45 minutes from Millford.

As much as I wanted to, I didn't order any because I knew I didn't have room to freeze them. Another thing keeping me from ordering a pair is that I don't think I could get visitation with the briskets after my wife kicked me out for buying them...

Comment

Congrats on the two SRF briskets! I just had a 14 cf upright freezer delivered today from Home Depot. It's a Frigidare and is on sale ~$200 off.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife sooo wants one of those. I do not. Funny you mention Home Depot. My brother-in-law picked up a toilet I ordered online yesterday and installed it for me while I was at work. No complimentary up-right freezer.

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          I even ordered a drill online from Home Depot and free shipping. Saves time and gas.

Mosca....nice score, I've a big chest freezer and could store those for ya.

Comment

Everyone needs to start a campaign to write to my wife telling her I need a freezer. Mosca, I would print this post and accidentally put it on the counter to make my point but she would say "See, someone else obviously gets by with just the standard fridge/freezer combo".

Comment

She knows about the briskets, but she still hasn't looked in the freezer yet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here