Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anybody Ordered from Marx Foods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anybody Ordered from Marx Foods?

Australian Kobe Beef Briskets for sale in bulk. Available whole or in flat or point cuts. Perfect for feeding a crowd at a party!

They appear to offer brisket points for about $10/pound. That's more or less the same as SRF's whole packers. I much prefer the point, and have gotten choice points (well trimmed) from Publix for about $7-8/pound. I'm just not sure that "Kobe grade 3" would be worth the extra. The real issue is that both Wally and RD have whole choice packers for $2-3 per pound, so if I say all I want is the point, its about $8-10/pound, and the flat (for pastrami) is free. I'd appreciate opinions of those who actually cook with the higher grades (or actually anybody that wants to weigh in). The choice cooks have always been pretty darn good.

I've only cooked Choice and Select packers.

1. Even the crappiest packers have had plenty fatty and tasty points.

2. Even not so great flats have turned out some great pastrami.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here