Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Online Source for Meats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Online Source for Meats?

I've never heard of these folks before they popped up today as a Facebook ad today. Their products look interesting ... anybody have any experience with them?

That all looks very good But this poor old troll can't afford their prices wish I could

Comment

Grass fed beef will not have the marbling of beef finished on corn

Comment

Originally posted by cstrfd4 View Post
        Grass fed beef will not have the marbling of beef finished on corn
        True ... but if your tastes (like mine) run to leaner beef, that's more of a feature than a problem (don't tell ribeyeguy but I'll take a NY strip or even a properly prepared fillet mignon over a ribeye any day ). Also, those folks at TheMeatShare seem to offer an interesting assortment of non-beef options.

Comment

Screwed up the whole post, will redo it in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post

True ... but if your tastes (like mine) run to leaner beef, that's more of a feature than a problem (don't tell ribeyeguy but I'll take a NY strip or even a properly prepared fillet mignon over a ribeye any day ). Also, those folks at TheMeatShare seem to offer an interesting assortment of non-beef options.
            A pox on thee for disparaging the ribeye! Just kidding Mb, the tenderloin is my second favorite cut.

The meat share program sounds remarkably similar to a salmon program I tried last year;

The salmon itself was outstanding but in the end the cost didn't justify it versus what I can buy from a local seafood market. My guess is that the meat share program will be the same.
            Last edited by ribeyeguy; March 29, 2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

MBMorgan I too enjoy a really good strip steak more than a ribeye, assuming same grade & quality, but I'd never refuse a ribeye. Especially one all you pitmasters cook for me!

Comment

I've been tempted to try this guy: http://www.misterbrisket.com/

If for no other reason, but that his name is Mr. Brisket!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here