Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Click Comes Through Despite FedEx’s Best Efforts To Screw Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click Comes Through Despite FedEx’s Best Efforts To Screw Up

So I ordered a couple hundred dollars of meat from Click. It shipped on Tuesday via FedEx. Delivery was scheduled for yesterday. Around 5:00, when I checked tracking for the thousandth time, it had changed from out for delivery to undeliverable, incorrect address. I called FedEx and after a while actually got a human being who said the driver had entered that the address did not exist. We confirmed that the shipment was addressed properly. (I don’t get it. I’ve received numerous FedEx deliveries without a problem.)

Needless to say, FedEx didn’t come back yesterday. Nope, no delivery until around 5:10 this evening. No text message that the delivery had been made until around 5:40.

Stunningly, everything was at least partially frozen. The parts that were thawed were still under 40F. Click had packed it well enough to survive even FedEx.

I honestly don't plan on ordering any online meat until the fall. We had a triple ice packed sample shipped and delivered overnight that was still too hot to proceed with isolation and selective enrichment.

Comment

• Darchie03
      Darchie03 commented
      Editing a comment
      I live in southern AZ desert temp is 120+ in summer I have ordered from wild fork in summer & send a note about outside temp. they ship UPS 2 day & add extra dry ice always still frozen when I get it.

Happens here too with FED Ex. We are out on a county road, well marked road and we have a decorative sign with our name and number at the end of our entrance. They usually add one day to deliveries here so i never order food. One big problem is every delivery is a different driver now. In the past you knew your driver, they were there for years. The other thing is that our drivers are not employed by them, rather they are employees of a contract delivery service. Just a sign of the times unfortunately.

Comment

I don't get how drivers can not find an address when I can with the mobile phone in my fricking pocket. Ahem...

Comment

Impressive. Having dealt with FedEx on multiple occasions over the years when it comes to address changes, they typically only will let an address change be entered by the shipper and not the receiver. Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

• Draznnl
          Draznnl commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t do an address change. I merely confirmed that I live at the address where the package was addressed and that this addressed really does exist.

Sorry if my OP was confusing.

Thus far, knock wood, haven't had any meat deliveries that got too warm. My most recent, from Wild Fork, arrived with the dry ice gone but everything still frozen, that's about the closest call I've had - yet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here