Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Click Akaushi quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received my order today 5/25. It was shipped UPS on 5/19. Shame on me for not choosing overnight. As soon as I picked up the box I know it was headed for the trash. When I opened it up the smell made me take a step back. Not even cool to the touch, about 71F. 1 tri Tip and 2 chuck roasts, at least they were 30% off.
    I have not had this problem with other suppliers

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      No way you should have to choose overnight. From what I've heard, they will take care of it. But their normal shipping method should be sufficient to deliver the product - sounds like it got delayed, part of the risk with UPS/FedEx/whomever, so they know that and they factor shipping loss into their business model. Not your fault in the slightest.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      You cannot ship Ground and have confidence that it will get anywhere distant from the shipper in under 3 days and often it will take even longer. Click simply should not offer it, especially in the summer.

I unfortunately had to let them know that I won't be ordering for them until they get their packaging/shipping figured out. They always make it right, but I've had to throw away three orders from them (out of 6). It's a shame, because I really like they product. Maybe after the summer months I'll give them a try again.

Comment

The guy I talked with yesterday said they were having horrible luck shipping to west coast.
      Hate that for you
      Dave

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        The MidBest remains the best of all options. ;-)

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        Editing a comment
        I'm hearing that a lot - 'they forgot' to put the dry ice or frozen gel packs or whatever. Mine arrived without them, too. Just the solid frozen meat, and it worked out for me - but it makes me wonder how many of these are 'forgotten' or just not used and crossing their fingers. Maybe their profit margin is high enough to eat the cost of replacing all these shipments.

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't see dry ice... it could have just evaporated. It does that, it's frozen carbon dioxide. Even if they stuff a shipper full of dry ice, that will vanish over time. What they should probably do is use dry ice but also use more freezer packs so when the DI does evaporate, there's still a cold thing left to chill the meat.

I received a notification of a full refund today. Appreciated. Come fall/winter I will try them again.

Comment

Folks... stop shipping ground. I get it, it's cheaper, but if the meat is ruined, who cares? No, Click shouldn't offer the option if it's that unreliable but we also have a responsibility, especially now that we know it can be an issue.

The thing is, I don't think Click can do too much about this. Ground just takes awhile to get to distant points and seemingly it's less reliable in terms of time now than usual. Add in weather that's warming and you get the issues we're seeing.

At this point, if a deal isn't worth it when using 2 day shipping, I'd simply skip it, at least until winter.
        Last edited by rickgregory; May 26, 2022, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          But my main point is while it might be true that a supplier should evaluate whether national shipping is viable for them, we as buyers have responsibility too. That might mean we look at the overall price and go "yeah, no way, too much money" but ordering in summer and shipping ground when there's an obvious risk is kind of asking for it.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          Editing a comment
          Maybe that's true, but in my case - the only option with Click was Standard and Overnight. I'm not that far from them, though. Although, if they're shipping things out with no cold packs OR dry ice, they're just asking for problems. They know this. Consumers have a right to assume that the product will be shipped with appropriate attempt to provide for its safe delivery. For meat suppliers, I assume cold packs or dry ice is part of that process.

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          DogFaced PonySoldier My shipment had a cold pack and seemed to have had dry ice. As I noted above, DI evaporates as it warms, so not seeing it when you open the box doesn't mean it wasn't added... it might have just evaporated.
          Last edited by rickgregory; June 30, 2022, 12:29 PM.

Have a decent size order that I put in Monday, supposed to arrive tomorrow but now says today. Hoping for the best.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Hoping it arrives in good condition!

ofelles I have been very happy with everything from click. Including the tri-tip. Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Comment

I have one of their briskets in the freezer right now. I think I'm going to start defrosting for the weekend.

Comment

I'm making a nice & thick 20oz Click strip steak for myself tonight (along with some hand-cut steaks from full loins from Creekstone for the fam). I will take pics. The other Click steaks I've had have been incredible. Click & Creekstone are my two favorite online beef retailers currently.

Comment

So here's the Click Akaushi strip steak from last evening. I'm not sure why the cut makes it look mushy, it wasn't it was wonderful. I guess I could've cleaned it up better for the pic. Half dry brine and a generous dose of Henrik's Hank's Signature Steak rub around noon. Accompanied by a bottle of Hess Napa Valley Cabernet Savignon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG8618.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1245575

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here