Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was all set to be upset with Click but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	33EE6577-A8E6-40F2-AAC8-82CE859D0327.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1211324 Oh and I forgot to mention that an insulated bag was included in the box so that was nice.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. It’s a nice big one and will go nicely with my SRF one.

Hmm. I think I lucked out. Here are pix of what I got. A few notes: 1) note that they outsource the 'manufacturing' (I assume this means butcher and packaging), 2) the marbling looks fine but it's hard to tell through the plastic.

This is one of the things I don't like about Click, though. I got on the high estimated weight so my per pound cost was reasonable if this is even as good as good prime, even with shipping. But if I'd got on the low side, it would pretty drastically change that equation. Back when we started talking about Akaushi (Thanks, @troutman) I found these folks https://2fakaushibeef.com and might try them for comparison. I'd love to find a Washington farm raising this stuff but I havent, to date.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0903.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	1211331

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0907.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	1211335
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0908.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	1211337
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rickgregory; April 23, 2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah 4.82 pounds for the rack of short ribs is more like it. Enjoy!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Aside from the temparture problems, I would have been happy with a 3 pound tri-tip. < 2 pounds not so much.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris I’m sorry I got all the good tri tips. I got 5 and they’re all over 2lbs and a couple over 3.

To follow up on my earlier post regarding the lightweight beef short ribs, I just received a email from Robert at Click apologizing for the situation and notifying me of a refund for the full amount on that item. Excellent service!

Comment

I got an email from Robert at Click this morning, and he has already processed a refund on the 1 pack of ribs and 1 tri-tip that arrived at temperatures above 40 degrees. I had stashed those in a separate freezer from the other meat, and now have to force myself to toss out nice looking but iffy meat... tomorrow is trash day, so I imagine it will go out then...

Comment

I just received a click order today. everything was completely thawed at 66-67 degrees and it looked like something had leaked in the container. sigh, guess its getting to that time of year again when its hit or miss with fedex/ups cause click usually pack very well. Ive emailed them and we will see what they say.

Name:	IMG-0542.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1212631

Name:	IMG-0540.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1212632

Name:	IMG-0541.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1212634

Name:	IMG-0543.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1212633

Comment

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that sucks.

Three weeks after they made the ups tag they never shipped my order. They couldn’t tell me why either. I had to cancel it.

Comment

I cooked up a chuck tender roast today as posted on SUWYC. It was tasty but nothing special about the meat. I guess what I am saying is that for the 40% off price it was good. I would never pay the full price for it though. So out of the for items I ordered I have that one. A couple of 8 oz top sirloin steaks that were meh. Again at 40% off they were just ok but at full price no. And a rack of beef short ribs that had to be refunded because the rack was incredibly underweight. In fairness great customer service on that issue. The fourth item is a 20 oz boneless ribeye that looks pretty good in the package as far as I can tell but we’ll see how I feel when I cook it. So overall I can say I will not be in a rush to order from them again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here