Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Click Akaushi order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Click Akaushi order

Got my first order from Click Akaushi this past Friday. I ordered 3 Tri-tips, 2 Picanha & 1 Chuck roast. I'm assuming these cattle might be smaller than what I'm use to, based on the size of some of the cuts. The tri-tips were all about 2-3/4 lbs., not the typical boomerang shape you see at Costco and had a fat cap. They look good, just smaller than expected. One Picanha was 3.8 lbs. & the other was 2.4 lbs., they also looked good, but would have been nice if they were similar sized. Now I look at the chuck roast and it looks odd, not the shape you'd think. I had to get my glasses to get a better look. To my surprise it's a 5.2 lb. ribeye roast.

I emailed them right away about the mistake. There's a huge difference in price, chuck roast is $34 and the ribeye is $150. I wanted to be up front with them, but I didn't want to pay the difference, since it wasn't what I ordered or wanted. I wanted to let them know incase they kept accurate inventories and needed to make the changes and so they could talk to their staff that fills the orders and address the mistake with them. I was willing to ship it back at their expense and have them ship me out the chuck roast, but that probably wouldn't be cost effective for them. I haven't heard anything back from them yet, so I guess I've got something new for Christmas dinner. I'm feeling a little guilty, but didn't know what else to do. I can't wait to cook up some of these things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 12-14-21 at 2.16 PM (1).jpg
Views:	253
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1142226 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 12-14-21 at 2.16 PM.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1142227

Sometimes you just get lucky I guess. Yum.

Comment

Its not like you can ship it back, they'll let you keep it.

Comment

Score!

Comment

Looks great, I bet they let you keep the roast without any additional charge since it is their mistake. Most of the grass-fed or wagyu tri tips that I've ordered in the past two years run 2.5-3.5 lbs.

How was the shipping cost?

Comment

• wrgilb
            wrgilb commented
            Editing a comment
            $36 for shipping

Well, you win the meat sweepstakes today. Time to buy a lottery ticket!

Comment

I've been wanting to place an order, this post kinda pushed me to finally do it. And thanks @zero_credit or STEbbq or whoever you are this week for getting us the 10% discount code.

Comment

Oh yeah, that is one good looking roast.

Comment

The first time I ordered from Click, they double shipped my order. When I contacted them about the mistake, they told me to keep the meat, and apologized for the inconvenience. I've almost gotten over it, but it has been a struggle.

Comment

I cooked one of the small Tri Tips Sunday, did it like a brisket and it was very good. Same price as Prime at the H‑E‑B, a little smaller, but I think it was better and there’s only 2 people to feed these days so I’ll thinking it’s a win.

Prime Rib roast looks good, have to wait until Christmas to find out.

Sounds like I should order again and hope for a mistake. 👍

Comment

wrgilb Did Click Akaushi reply to you?

I received my order today and they made one mistake: I ordered a whole picanha (avg. wt. 2.5lbs) and they sent an 8 oz. slice off the picanha. I e-mailed Robert and he replied that they accidentally sent a coulotte steak and he refunded the cost of the picanha. I replied that I didn't mind paying for the coulotte and to charge my card for that but I haven't heard back on that yet.

I'll be cooking the chuck roast for the holidays.

12/22: Robert replied and said not to worry about it.
                    Last edited by 58limited; December 22, 2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• 58limited
                      58limited commented
                      Editing a comment
                      wrgilb did you leave a voicemail or e-mail them? I left a voice mail for Robert but I didn't hear back within a couple of hours so I e-mailed him and got a fairly quick reply.

• wrgilb
                      wrgilb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I emailed Robert.

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glad it is working out! Robert is helpful!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here