Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nueske’s bacon arrived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nueske’s bacon arrived today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	44F4B219-8ADE-446E-8141-402BE846976B.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	1139257

3lbs of the applewood smoked, 1.5lbs cherrywood smoked.

As of right now, I still can’t really taste anything, although I can sense it coming back; the oven is self-cleaning and I can smell the grease burning off, and I cleaned the microwave and could sort of smell the vinegar. I hope it will be back by the end of the week, because this is BACON.

That's some good bacon. If your taste does not come back my address is ..........

Comment

We have their bacon often. It’s soooo good. Hopefully you’ll be able to enjoy it soon.

Comment

My wife lost her taste and smell about 12 days ago. Occasionally she thinks she can taste or smell a hint of something but overall it has been frustrating for her. I have tried to avoid cooking anything too delicious since I don't want to rub it in. Would be hard to hold off on cooking some new bacon though.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine is starting to come back. I can smell the apple elixir Mrs Mosca eyedropped onto the potpourri, and I could taste the spaghetti and meatball dinner at about 50%. That is reassuring.

Now that we've endlessly talked it up I look forward to hearing what you think. Let's wait till you can taste and smell more things than a burning oven though!

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          The kiddo & her husband are flying in from Chile, due Friday, and they have requested bacon cheeseburgers. I can get that to work out, I think.

I just finished the last of my average & ordinary bacon. Next on tap is the apple. I probably won’t touch it til next week cuz goin huntin one last day on Sat. BTW, will be just down the road from the place.

Comment

I'm glad your taste and smell are coming back. I only personally know two people who have lost those, but neither have recovered. My niece lost her ability to smell about 14 months ago and it has yet to come back. A co-worker lost both taste and smell about four months ago and same story.

Comment

Bacon makes everything better. Sense of smell too, good on you. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Andrrr View Post
              Now that we've endlessly talked it up I look forward to hearing what you think. Let's wait till you can taste and smell more things than a burning oven though!

We’ve tried the applewood smoked thick sliced, and applewood smoked thin sliced. While we like them both, we have a strong preference for the thick sliced; the thin sliced is too salty. We actually ate it for three meals in a row: breakfast, then bacon cheeseburgers for dinner, then breakfast again the next morning.

It’s damn good bacon. Very meaty. We cook it in the oven 1/2 hour at 350*, it doesn’t shrink a whole lot. The smokiness is complementary to the bacon itself.

Next will be the peppercorn bacon, and I got the cherrywood smoked, too.

Comment

Yup, some good stuff Mosca!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here