Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Click Akaushi Beef...Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click Akaushi Beef...Again

So, I had a little surprise yesterday when a package showed up on my porch. It was my order from Click Akaushi Beef. Yes, the same order that also showed up last week. I checked my credit card, and the Click website and there was only one order, and one charge to my credit card. I reached out to Click via there website, and in what these days is a surprise, got a very quick reply. After a couple messages back and forth the folks at Click sent me this message.

"Our fulfillment mistakenly pulled the order twice. Please cook and share the beef with family and friends! Our goal is to provide the best beef eating experience possible and hope we are still able to achieve this even through the error."

He is hoping that my getting twice the meat I paid for doesn't diminish my experience?! Yeah, don't worry about it. I'll find someway to bear this awful burden. šŸ¤£

This order like the first showed up well packaged and frozen soild. Luckily for the GF there was enough room in the freezer for the excess. Otherwise her veggies going to be the first things sacrificed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211103_174752.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	1119867
    Last edited by willxfmr; November 4, 2021, 01:23 PM.

Very nice. Good customer service on their part. Do let us know whether or not you enjoy the free meat despite being put out by having to find extra freezer space.

I'm waiting for my first delivery from Click. It shipped with an expected delivery date of 11/3. Oops. We'll see just how well they pack stuff. If it ever arrives.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure you shipped it to FL instead of IL?šŸ¤£

(I kid) I hope it arrives soon!

Panhead John
    69 Destitute Blvd.
    Houston, Tex.

Comment

Deepest condolences on your gain.

Comment

Nice. Nothing like that ever happens to me. Enjoy it man! And you need gelp chowing that all down, Iā€™m right down the road. Beef fest! šŸ¤£

Comment

I can only imagine what it was like to look on your porch and wonder, "what the heck is this?"

Comment

Better than "Bank Error in Your Favor" if you ask me.

Comment

So, yeah, it's one of those weeks!

Click just emailed me to let me know they are shipping out a new petite tender and a bavette to correct for the underweights on the original order from my older post. That is great customer service in my book, especially as I only let them know as a head's up per feedback from Spinaker and others. Click seems to definitely share our passion for beef quality and good times with family.

I did tell them about Meathead and AmazingRibs though, and how everyone here was pretty excited about them and akaushi beef. They seemed pretty happy about it.

Man, now to hope that the wife and daughter asks me to cook up some of this beautiful beef soon.....
              Last edited by STEbbq; November 4, 2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Receiving my order tomorrow. Anybody eaten the stuff yet? Iā€™m going to make carne asada with the skirt steak on Sunday night, so Iā€™ll report back on Monday.

Comment

Hey, team, tonite @7:30 C we are having a Happy Hour on Zoom on Wagyu beef. Info here https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ur-thurs-nov-4

Comment

My Click Akaushi order arrived a bit after 4:00. Everything was frozen solid. Everything looked great except the Petite Tender was a pound too petite. Instead of 1.7 pounds, it was only .71. I called up, got an apology and a promise that a replacement would ship on Monday. By 4:40 I had received an email that my order of a Petite Tender and a pound of ground beef was confirmed. Talk about excellent customer service. I really hope their meat is good because the way they treat customers deserves to be rewarded.

Comment

• STEbbq
                    STEbbq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is just outstanding!

Sweet! This is great to hear. I love hearing when this stuff works out.

Comment

Daaaayum...how come I can't get so lucky. Since I introduced Akaushi to the Pit, do I get a little kick back????

Comment

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, I guess that means you need to order from Click too!

But hey, didnā€™t you score a bunch of extra Dino ribs from Porter Road recently? šŸ˜

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea like a year and a half ago. Those suckers already been through my system a long time ago.

BTW, got a 3.3# Akaushi Teres Major salt brining as we speak. Will cook over the weekend and have a feature post sometime next week. Can't wait for the good stuff !!!!

Comment

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is a monster compared to my 0.7 pounds petite tender. Are they usually that size?

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      STEbbq Itā€™s not one big 3.3# TM rather 4 -10 oz steaks. Sorry for the confusion. Personally I like these smaller cuts, easy to cook and portioned just right.

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Panhead John Brettā€™s write up about half way there. Been super slammed at work, literally no time left to do fun stuff. That will end in December hopefully so I can relax. Bottom line Brettā€™s this weekend !!!

My order just arrived. All weights were good and meat was frozen solid. Only issue is the tail on one of the tri tips is sliced off. Two pieces in the bag. Weird but no big deal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2551.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	1120418

Last edited by Old Glory; November 5, 2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice !! We need to start an Akaushi club !!

• Old Glory
                      Old Glory commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Troutman can't wait to try them!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here