Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Order: Beef Navel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Order: Beef Navel?

Anyone have any experience buying Beef Navel online? i was trying to find a spot to order some to make some beef bacon.

I have found a few spots that sell it online. I can use the sites I found, but I wanted to see if anyone had any specific recommendations.

Thanks!

I have ordered from Meat N' Bone several times. I only ordered Beef Navel once, and it was from them. It was top quality.

Discover the rich, savory taste of our Premium Wagyu Beef Belly (Navel) BMS7+ at Meat N' Bone. Perfect for smoking, creating pastrami, or homemade bacon. Sourced from the finest Wagyu program in the US, our Beef Belly delivers an unparalleled culinary experience for meat enthusiasts. Explore the unique, superior taste of Wagyu Beef Belly today

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do. I am still on the fence about it. I might either do the bacon recipe for it or make it into pastrami, since that is what Kattz's claims they use for their 'strami. Eric2662

• Eric2662
      Eric2662 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker I just had Katz last week on a New York trip I was on. I absolutley love that place!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Could be my favorite restaurant ever. Eric2662

Do beef bacon right. Avoid Navel Destroyer, I am.

Comment

Other than Meats N' Bone and Agridme, do any other online places carry beef navel?

Comment

Is is really hard to find. This was the only spot that I could find. LMK if you find another option. STEbbq

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          My local butcher claims he can source it, so it's possible there. I also emailed Porter Road to ask if they ever have it.

Does whole beef belly count?

1lb or Whole Belly All of our beef is 100% Grass Fed and Grass finished raised on Pasture year round. Why Free Range? The nutrition of our food depends on how it was grown, especially animal products. These vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids are stored in the protein and fat, determining both taste and nutrient conten

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I would think so. Thanks!

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          They had me until I read, "Grass fed, grass finished."

I'm out on that one.

I just got a 9 pound prime navel from Agridime.

https://agridimestore.com/products/grain-fed-boneless-naval?variant=39557161123924

$
        5.49 for choice, $7.49 per pound for prime $35 shipping unless you buy $175.

Haven't cooked it yet, but here's my first look post.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ok#post1225138

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Gonna have to wait until prime is back in stock..:

I got a slab of heartbrand beef plate from Fresh by Brookshires, and it made wonderful beef bacon. I just checked and heartbrand doesn't list it on their website. Maybe contact them and see.

Comment

Porter Road does not carry beef navel because it uses it to make beef bacon. It may have it in the future.

Beef Bacon combines two of our favorite things — dry aged beef and perfectly cured and smoked bacon. All of our beef are pasture-raised with no antibiotics and no added hormones. We dry age our beef whole to give each and every cut a rich, steakhouse flavor.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here