Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unboxing First Wagyu Brisket :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    replied
    Whole box of tasty right there.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    started a topic Unboxing First Wagyu Brisket :-)

Unboxing First Wagyu Brisket :-)

I was on SRF because they had a deal where you could buy 6 featured items and get $25 off. I was grabbing the Kurobuta pork chops, which are a good deal with that $25 off. But then More Meat Syndrome, which is a sub-category of MCS, kicked in. And I started looking at other deals. Like a Wagyu Black Grade brisket for $149. And I had just been at Costco, who wanted $6.99/lb for prime packers. Which meant that my typical choice of a 15-16 lb brisket at Costco would cost over $100. I'm going to need a brisket soon, and the price difference was only going to be $30. How could I resist?

Well, my wife says "you could have resisted easy" ..... but I don't think that's true.

The box arrived today. I think the Fedex guy was not pleased since it was big, heavy, and awkward with 20 lbs of meat and a bunch of dry ice in it.

the box is heavy duty cardboard. And even with getting manhandled by FedEx, it survived with no obvious damage. Inside was the cooler built of recyclable insulation that can go straight into a landfill and break down with no issues. When you open it up, it is obvious that your meat is frozen solid and well protected. I hit it with the IR therm and got a reading of 1F. It's a true freezer in there.

The quality of the whole process is outstanding. Eric does recommend!

I love SRF delivery day!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SRF - 1.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1109941

Packing slip and some cooking directions when you open the box

Name:	SRF - 2.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1109938

Lots of dry ice, pretty intact at that

Name:	SRF - 3.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1109939

pork chops come in an SRF bag, brisket at bottom of the box

Name:	SRF - 4.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1109943

Those pork chops look lonely in that bag. Maybe I should have ordered some steak, too?

Name:	SRF - 5.jpeg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1109940

Well, that's pretty!

Name:	SRF - 6.jpeg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1109942

14 lbs of Wagyu Black Grade brisket ..... A whole new experience for me!

Name:	SRF - 7.jpeg
Views:	288
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1109944

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here